News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Tax & Calculation Rule Details

Started by lostmail, July 28, 2019, 12:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostmail

Don`t know if it`s a template or pricing problem but when I choose "Price modifier before tax per bill" or ".....aftter tax per bill" The tax amount is not calculated separately.
It`s only the price including the tax but I need the tax separated for the rule.

Tried out several configurations but I can`t get it.

Any idea what to do here ?
Joomla 3.x | VirtueMart 4.0.12 107771 | HORME3 PRO 1.9.6 / 2.0
VirtueMart 4.2.4 | Joomla 4.4.1 | PHP 8.1 | Vp_neoteric 1.3

lostmail

Tried out the official VM Demo with a produt.

It seems that VM does not show the tax separately for discounts by defalt - what is definitively wrong.

If  you give a discount in german you have to calculate with tax and show the customer tax + price discount.

If you want to give 10 € discount - it must be net. 10 € + 19% Tax. = 11,90
or 8,40 EUR + 19% Tax = 10,00

In the sample attached the tax price is not correct in relation to the total amount the customer has to pay.
That means I take more tax than allowed.

lostmail

...like this....

See 2nd image how the discount should be visible in cart (rule with tax)

The 3rd image shows the additional rule i have configured for the additional fee per cart which takes affect when an article is
choosen from category "Sperrgut".

As far so good but the line in cart is not correct configured to see the tax of the discount/upcharge amount.

Tried out all possible +/- but the result is always the same - without visible tax for the discount/upcharge.

The official rule for discounts/upcharges in germany is:
Product list price netto
– Discount/Upcharge
+ Tax
– sconto
= end price

To make the customer clear how the discount/upcharge is calculated i need the tax from the discount rule separated.

StefanSTS

The layout does not show the tax there. Not sure why, maybe it is used for other purposes and it's not wanted there.
You might want to edit default_pricelist.php of cart view and calculate the tax with the given price and the give tax manually in this loop.

foreach ($this->cart->cartData['DBTaxRulesBill'] as $rule) {
}

Hope that helps
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

lostmail

hm..found the file and location where the rules are but is there a "ruleTax" or something like that ?
Can not find out how the tax is calculated and how to show it..

Some more help?

lostmail

Could someone make me an offer to have the tax separated in the rules-line (like shipping line) ?
Don`t know why it is missing for rules...

lostmail

I created now a rule and defined it only for a (hidden) Product-Category and for Countries.

I have not assigned Andy product to the category but in the cart the additional fee is calculated (see Image).

As I understand the rule it should only take affect for articles which have the category "Sperrgut" and where customer is in the defined Country.

Does this rule work like "Category AND Country" (right)  or is it "Category OR Country" (wrong) ?

the Problem is that I Need 2 different rules depending on the Country of the customer and article dependent....

lostmail

:-[
It seems that the CATEGORY Setting in calculation rules have no effect.

It does not matter if I set the rule only for a category or if category field is empty ...the rule is active in both Settings ??

Is that a bug ?

Sent it in Bug reports here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=143277.0