News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart is very slow after 12000 products import

Started by psm, May 30, 2019, 08:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psm

Joomla 3.8.11 and Virtuemart 3.4.1

Hello, I have problem that my site is very slow after import of 12000 products. Could you please help me to find rootcause? Tech support from hosting wrote me, that it is problem on my side.

My webpage is www.smartobchod.sk

Thank you

GJC Web Design

a 3MB page size, 100+ calls etc etc  its never going to be the fastest

the time till the first load is nearly 3 sec that points to lack of resources at the server
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

psm

Is it possible that some of javascripts are not important? Than maybe I can stop them. Because it is very slowly. No other similar eshops are so slow. I need to make it faster somehow.

Studio 42

Have you tested using another template ?
Have you try to unpublish category module and see if it help ?
Have you checked in virtuemart Configuration>Templates> Omitto switch Yes to NO  (for all) , because it can really slowdown your website !

psm

Hello Studio 42,
I tried two of your advices and it did not help.

I did not try just unpublish category module, I do not understand what do you mean by this.

Thank you

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Studio 42

Your blog page or kontact page need already more then 1.5 seconds to load.
So it's not a Virtuemart issue only.

psm

So I checked PageSpeed Insights and biggest part of time is consumed by mootools js, but it is not possible to remove. TTFB of server is more than 1 s is it normal?

I deleted some unused plugins as mylivechat and cookies plugin Perfect..., but it increaced just from 30 to 37 points for page https://smartobchod.sk/pc-a-notebooky/pc-zostavy.html.

AH

Quote, but it is not possible to remove

Why not ??

Mootools front end should not be required - remove plugins that require it or change their behaviours
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

psm

I downloaded this plugin Mootools Enabler/Disabler and disable all mootools, page loading was very fast, but it influenced some parts of front end.

For example my Custom filters component did not have collapsed fields after disable or my top menu was influenced.

Studio 42

Quote from: psm on June 02, 2019, 11:29:05 AM
For example my Custom filters component did not have collapsed fields after disable or my top menu was influenced.
Contact the author, it shuold wor wihtout mootools else you have obsolete exensions.
Joomla 4.0 do not support mootools officially and is obsolete

AH

I would go back to the developers of the filter plugin and ask them to update to remove mootools

and note what Studio 42 says - mootools will be removed in jomla4  and your front end should not be using it now imho
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Studio 42

Quote from: Studio 42 on June 02, 2019, 14:29:52 PM
Quote from: psm on June 02, 2019, 11:29:05 AM
Contact the author, it should work without mootools else you have obsolete extensions.
Joomla 4.0 do not support mootools officially and is obsolete