Any idea what would be causing this in the admin back end...

Started by hotrod, July 18, 2023, 14:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod

It's the products page layout.. first image is my J3 VM 3.8

Second is the J4 VM 4   It's like thinking im on a phone..
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

jenkinhill

You need to open the menu.

First with the old admin template:

And the new admin template:

These are with our current test version VirtueMart 4.0.23 10900  on Joomla 4.3.3
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hotrod

Pff.   I didn't have the new admin template selected..  : )    you know I been at this for 13 years.. : )  Thank you Jen...  I Love the look..  Looks GREAT  you guys did a Great Job...    Everything looks and works great for me..     Other than the single column in my Categories..   any chance you could look into that for me...   I don't feel like getting yelled at over at Rocket Theme..  : )   I do have overwrites I use..  I'm just not sure what I would nee to make that go to 3 columns..

That it;.. everything else is spot on!!!

I did just see one issue.   In the Updated admin..  products   the tax rules isn't there.. and seems to be "Borked"   I Don't think I'm using the latest Version.. I'm using 4.0.12  I think I read that was never stable?   Can you direct me to the latest.. and we can try that first..

Image one old admin
image 2  new admin.

Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

jenkinhill

Do you want the tax rules? Turn on "Show expert pricing options" under Config/Pricing/Price Configuration on the new admin.

Sorry, no way will I play with RT's template overrides.

You need a VM membership to get the new versions as announced back in March.  https://virtuemart.net/news/511-effective-and-sustainable-funding-with-a-virtuemart-membership
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hotrod

I don't know how im missing all this.. guess I'm getting old...   I'll do the membership  you guys have been great...

Can you tell me the best way to upgrade..   Just upload the new zip folders?..    Maybe this would fix my Categories Issues

I'm rebuilding our site in a subfolder..  with a different domain name.  what would I put in the domian name option?..
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

Milbo

My old rule still counts. you should be always be able to use the last package todo all updates at once!

You could even update an old vm2.6 with vm4, I think. Okey I did not try, but it should work. The process always updates directly to the last db layout, which is the main thing if you update. There are added some exceptions for problematic updates, but per version and so on. So of course do it first on a testserver, that is always better. But just use the last package and install it over.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member