News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

New Shopper Registered - Message

Started by Tryer, May 16, 2019, 10:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tryer

Joomla 3.9.6, PHP7.2.17, VM 3.4.2

When a new user registers on my sie using the Joomla login module, and hence becomes a registered member, I (as Administrator), get a message from Virtuemart informing me that a new shopper has registered on the site (see image - I have removed the personal data from the image). Why is Virtuemart sending such messages when a user has just registered to be a registered member of the Joomla site? They could use the shop without registering although more products are available to registered users. I suspect there is something amiss in the configuration of my shop.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jörgen

Joomla issue.

This is set under Joomla User -> alternative in backend.

here You can also decide if You want to resend password in the email etc

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Tryer

Thanks for your reply. I cannot find this menu/option - it is obviously something of which I have never been unaware. Do you mean under global configuration/users etc?

Jörgen

JOOMLA user menu, alternative is options in english, up in the far right. Not under any VM menu.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Tryer

Thanks once again.

OK, I am aware of the "Send Password" option to include the password and username in the email, but how does that relate to the administrator receiving an email from Virtuemart about being registered as a new shopper when they just registered on my site?

Jörgen

Have You looked at the options you have in the options page You said You are aware of ?

I said:
Quotehere You can also decide if You want to resend password in the email etc

I never said that resend password at registration time was the thing to look for, I just said You have these options there to.

If they have address filled in they have registered through Joomla with VM address data.

You can turn off the option to send a registration, as I already told You.

A customer registers as a user/shopper in Joomla/VM, when do you think his registration becomes a customer registration ?

The Joomla/VM registration is one and the same, why would You try to separate them ? How would that be managed ?

Joomla registration and VM address data gives a complete VM registration. But basically it is just a Joomla user account.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

jenkinhill

I'm guessing that your configuration is set up so that when a new user selects to Create an account in the Joomla login module they are taken to the VM registration page which asks for address etc?

If you want them to go to the simple Joomla registration page then go to the system plugin "VM Framework Loader during Plugin Updates" and on the config tab set the redirect to VM to No.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Tryer

Thank you for those explanation - very helpful. I am left with two issues. The new registrant does not receive the confirmation message because it is blocked as spam - so I get a message saying it cannot be delivered, spam. etc. The other unresolved matter is that a second super-user on the site never receives any email request to activate the new account despite their account being set to receive system emails.

I should appreciate any thoughts on this.

Tryer

I forgot to add that the site also uses the ACYMailing component. Coul this be producing some conflict of configuration?

Jörgen

Do not know about acy mailing.
But super user is an exception and some of the account logic do not apply. For example, the superuser does not get any change password e-mail. This is a Joomla issue. Read more about this on the joomla site.

Blocked because it is flagged as spam is not much to do about. ou could override the email creation and see if You can choose another worthing in the mail. Something that does not trigger spam filters. Or Your server could be flagged as a spam source and therefore blacklisted.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

jenkinhill

Seems you should first check your server IP address with the various blocking lists. Try https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum