News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart and joomla 4

Started by Eagle21, May 10, 2019, 19:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinochico

QuoteI haven't had already mentioned issues on a clean install (PHP7.4, J4.02 and 4.03, VM3.8.9.10534), but the front end is a bit broken, specifically custom fields (screenshot attached).

You have to wait for new version com_virtuemart.3.8.9.10542 or com_virtuemart.3.8.9.10543 or you can install every upgrade from activity.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

micropalla

So 3.8.9.10544 is ok with J4?
Can we use it?

pinochico

QuoteSo 3.8.9.10544 is ok with J4?
Can we use it?

????
Sorry, try self, Im not your servant (modified by mod).
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

micropalla

Well, I was not asking specifically to you but thanks anyway for your kind answer.

AH

There is now a test version out - not for live sites but worth looking at
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

starexhaust

I have been having issues with Virtuemart ever since I (preemptively) updated to J4.
VM still "works" on my site but it is definitely broken and I can't access the backend of it without getting error codes. I try to install every new version of VM that comes out to see if it fixes the issue but I get error codes like the ones attached. Please any help would be awesome.

Jörgen

The VM versions that are mentioned here (3.8.9) are release canditates and not stable versions. There are still some issues with VM together with Joomla 4 that have not been solved.
You are pretty much on your own right now if You have already upgraded to Joomla 4 on a production site. These VM versions are not stable versions and not for production sites.
They are available for users that are willing to contribute in testing the software before stable release.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

starexhaust

Okay I will hold off for now, hope a stable version comes soon, thanks.

philip_sorokin

Hello! I'm testing VM for Joomla! 4 and found some critical errors. How can I report the bugs? I would like to report the following:

It seems, there are some routing problems. I have a site with the main page assigned to VM default view. Instead of rendering the view `virtuemart`, the `category` view is rendered. Also, I have a menu assigned to the VM cart view. When I follow that link, I see the `category` view instead of the cart. However, if I follow non-SEF links like: index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart it works as expected.

philip_sorokin

Also noticed the same thing for manufacturers view.

philip_sorokin

Found another bug: the router appends to the main page '?manage=0' or '?manage=1' according to the setting 'Manager' in the menu. If i select the top category level as the main page, it appends '?clearCart=0' or '?clearCart=1' to the URL.

jenkinhill

@philip_sorokin  you have not said which version(s) you are testing.
The latest for testing is http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/1298/com_virtuemart.3.8.9.10583_package_or_extract.zip

Report testing info in this thread:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=147366
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

philip_sorokin

The latest version released today, as well as previous one.

Jörgen

Quote from: philip_sorokin on January 20, 2022, 21:52:22 PM
The latest version released today, as well as previous one.

Useless infomation

8)

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

GJC Web Design

QuoteThe latest version released today, as well as previous one.

why is it so hard to type a number?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation