News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Billing Details

Started by Dougj, May 05, 2019, 16:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougj

I am using Community builder as my user registration process due to the number of fields I require.  I have Joomla set up so that users must first register with CB.  Once approved their account will be enabled so they can log in and make a payment for their membership.  Only logged in users will have access to the virtuemart shop/cart for payment, via Joomla settings.

I have my membership added to the shop and a few hundred users are populating the shops section.  They were auto populated from my Joomla/CB database.  However, when a user gets to the cart to pay for their membership they are directed to a payment details page before they get to the PayPal portal.  Unless that billing details page is full populated the users cannot get to the next step...the PayPal portal.  It makes no sense for my users to have to fill in the billing details page since they provided all the same information on registration.

In Virtuemart>configuration>checkout I have "On checkout ask for registration" and "Only registered users can checkout" both unchecked.

When a logged in user first gets to the cart, the billing information section is populated with the logged in users email address but nothing else.  Is there a way for me to automatically poulate the billing information page from the Joomla/CB user database?

D. 

Studio 42

If you want use your old system, you have to copy from one DB to other on user saved in Community builder using a plugin
For old user, you have to synchronize the databases yourself
I plugin was existing for CB and Vm 1.1
Here some advise to do it https://www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/231130-virtuemart-integration-code

Dougj

Thanks for the info.  So that I am clear about this, if I do the DB transfer from CB to VM and then eliminate CB is there a way in VM for me to add fields to the user registration form/database?

Jörgen

Yes there is. They are called shopper fields.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Dougj

Thanks for the help.  I will build a test site and give it a try.

D.