News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product filter extensions?

Started by ptrouw, December 05, 2019, 13:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptrouw

Hi,
We are using breakdesigns.net custom field filter extension. A great product but we are hitting some limits. Are there any other filter extensions on the market?
We are running into performance issues with a lot of filter options and a lot of products. Also the URL's are not SEO friendly.

balai

Hi

The same functionalities in a lighter way cannot be found.
If you are looking for less functionalities, your current extension can become lighter. E.g. Simplify the queries to avoid parent/child products lookup, avoid counters, etc.
Or address to the developer to make it lighter.

But i suggest looking beyond the extension. There are several measures you can take in the server level, to avoid direct database queries.
To mention some:
Memcached
Proxy SQL
Query Caching

or use an extension that caches your modules like JotCache.

Studio 42

I have a tag extention, very light, using only primary keys(and can search for categories and manufacturers).
It load all by ajax, so no seo duplicates problem.
So it depend the filters. If you can send the live site URL, i can check if this meet your needs.

GJC Web Design

QuoteI have a tag extention, very light, using only primary keys(and can search for categories and manufacturers).
It load all by ajax, so no seo duplicates problem.
So it depend the filters.

Have you an example Patrick as always looking for something faster/less load than BreakDesigns custom filters?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Studio 42

I dont know if the filter is always faster.
I only say that perhaps it can be more accurate for he's need. It's why i want more details.

pinochico

For CustomFilters Pro PLS dont use core customfiled from VirtueMart, but TRY Customfieldforall from  breakdesign.

Why?

Customfiled from Virtuemart create index by Value of customfiled (String) not by ID in DB.

For this option we had the last year eshop with 220 000 products and 1400 filters and results is loaded cca 1-2 sec. (Eshop was connect online to SAP for stock info, then waiting little time :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products