News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Pending orders and stock

Started by 2cool, May 04, 2019, 15:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2cool

Hi,
Not sure about this, are pending orders 'reserved' from stock?
So these can't be sold to others, and will be added to stock ones canceled/deleted.

Thanks,

Pas

Jörgen

Pending reserves stock, yes. Payment methods like paypal depend on this, a delayed payment could otherwise be out of stock when returning.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

2cool

Marttyn

Im using "Advanced Inventory" from Daycounts. I can see both "Stock" and "Reserved" values for each product. Some of my products have higher reserved values than stock. How can this be possible?
For an specific product i have Stock: 6 / Reserved: 7.... And this makes the product unavailable on the shop, although i have 6 units.
Any clue on how to handle this disarrangements? Maybe even find which orders are the ones that are reserving the products?

Jörgen

If Your settings allow to buy more than stock this is possible.
You can not see which order is reserving  out of stock items, it only reserves when available. You have orders that have not reset the reserved column when finally handled. You have to go throgh your workflow and make sure that every status change is correct.
Ex given,
CONFIMRED / CONFIRMED BY CUSTOMER, should add to reserved.
DELIVERED, should decrease reserved and decrease stock.

Any other status after delivered should be the same, except for CANCEL that should add to stock and decrease reserved if applicable. There may be an issue making an order cancelled after delivery, have not checked this though.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Marttyn

Yes, i went through this. And just checked again...
Possibly at some point something was put in a state that changed stock wrong...
I will just reset reserved value manually.
Thanks

PS: BTW, it would be nice to have a way to find which order not fulfilled is reserving some product.

Jörgen

The system does not make record of reserved status (together with current avail), but you can check which status is making reservations. Check Configuration->ORDER STATUS and You will see which are marked reserved.
Changing status from same reserved status to the same reserved does not change reserved amount. Only changes in stock handling status makes values in stock change.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x