News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Questions regarding Invoices, Delivery Notes

Started by ManosPaps, May 03, 2019, 17:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManosPaps

Hello,

i m new to virtuemart and pretty happy with the whole component. I ve set up my shop locally, and i m struggling now of setting up the invoice/delivery notes.
    My Questions are:

• Is it possible to set different emails for each status ?
    • I would like to send an invoice (by mail and html) only when the payment has been done. This means an invoice should not be sent when user chooses to "pickup from store". Can i differ those things somehow? Like add a status: "READYTOPICKUP". Probably answer will be same as 1.
    • In the automated email the tax tag is being displayed but the value is missing. Except of that its in the end of the file. (Look uploaded image). How can i put it above "total" and display value?

• The email being sent on "Confirmed" contains alot of details, but i guess this is not considered as an invoice since there are important things missing, like an "invoice Number" or the date".  Do you think its better of generating the invoice manually each time ?
  • Delivery Node: The pdf generator doesn t generate the pdf nicely enough. I ve read that its because TCPDF doesn t parse table bordeds/etc..Is there a way to make it look nicer? Like use another pdfgenerator? How can i edit things here, like remove "Delivery Date" from the paper since i dont know the exact deliver date?

Thanks for your support
[/list]

GJC Web Design

emails and invoices are all override-able in the template

they are constructed by the templates in  components\com_virtuemart\views\invoice\tmpl\

copy them to  templates\YOUR_TEMPLTE\html\com_virtuemart\invoice\  and you can produce any conceivable layout

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Studio 42

You can set another (new) statut for "READYTOPICKUP"
In the config, you can set statut to send email(or not), so it should solve this problem

ManosPaps

Thank you for your answers.
I ve copied/pasted the files into the template/ path and managed to do some minor changes.
I 've also created the new status code.
It would be great if you could answer me the question regarding "Send different emails for each status".
Is there an external plugin for it?

Jörgen

Easiest solution, check status in beginning of mejl template, include the email sublayout you need.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Studio 42

Quote from: ManosPaps on May 04, 2019, 16:50:43 PM
It would be great if you could answer me the question regarding "Send different emails for each status".
Is there an external plugin for it?
I dont think. I wrote e trustpilot plugin to send emails to trustpilot. I can perhaps modify it to send an "extra" email to other email per statut.
In this case, the standard email is send and you can send another email to another email address.

GJC Web Design

something like 

make your new subtemplates

e.g.

\templates\gjc_j3_v6\html\com_virtuemart\invoice\mail_html_shopperstatus1.php etc or just do it with lang constants

if($this->orderstatuses[$this->orderDetails['details']['BT']->order_status] == 'P') {
       echo $this->loadTemplate('shopperstatus1');
}else.......

etc
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

ManosPaps

Quote from: GJC Web Design on May 04, 2019, 19:56:59 PM
something like 

make your new subtemplates

e.g.

\templates\gjc_j3_v6\html\com_virtuemart\invoice\mail_html_shopperstatus1.php etc or just do it with lang constants

if($this->orderstatuses[$this->orderDetails['details']['BT']->order_status] == 'P') {
       echo $this->loadTemplate('shopperstatus1');
}else.......

etc

perfect! Thank you alot!

Due to the poor pdf rendering, i ve removed attachment of pdf invoice which is sent by mail and plan to use a html version of the invoice.
So what i thought is to send invoice when order_status is set to Complete.

I should be able to obtain anytime a copy of the invoice. So after searching in the forum i managed to do the following changes:
In virtuemart-> orders i ve modified the invoice link so i get it in html version:

I changed the link of "create invoice" by removing "format=pdf" and modifying "layout=mail" of this link
"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders&task=callInvoiceView&tmpl=component&virtuemart_order_id=11&layout=invoice&format=pdf&d=17&invoiceNumber=190505S3TR011"
and then i do get an html succesfully.

Do you see any drawbacks in this approach?

I m trying to do the same now with deliveryNote to get it in html with the css , but i can t get it correctly. I assume its because there isn't a mail template for it? Is there an easy workaround ?

Edit: ok i think i was a bit too fast. Thats just the mail template, and not the invoice converted to mail template as i thought. :(

SparksArts

Quote from: ManosPaps on May 03, 2019, 17:20:28 PM
3. In the automated email the tax tag is being displayed but the value is missing.

Is there a solution to this problem!?? Order confirmation emails still don't show the tax total. Tax is showing on the website, but never in emails. This has been a problem for a long time. I installed the latest version 3.4.2.9966 but problem remains.

Richard Sparks, Website Developer

Jörgen

I use a custom template (Hera) with a column for VAT, You do not have this as I can see. Have you perhaps turned off showing VAT in prices (configuration-> prices) ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

SparksArts

After a lot of trial and error, I finally found the solution and got the tax total value to display in order confirmation emails.

In Virtuemart Configuration > Pricing > Price Configuration I enabled "Show tax in cart." Although this causes the tax to display twice in the checkout cart on the website, at least now the tax total displays in emails. I should say my e-commerce clients are in the United States where tax is less complicated than VAT. We only have sales tax paid to states, and many states only require sale tax collected if the product is delivered to the same state your business is in.

I also created an HTML override for Virtuemart's invoice/mail_html_pricelist.php to clean up the pricing table layout used in the emails - remove several unnecessary columns and put the sales tax above the order total. Just copy that file, edit as needed, and add it to your template /html/com_virtuemart/invoice/

All is good now!
Richard
Richard Sparks, Website Developer