News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shop setup

Started by Tryer, May 01, 2019, 11:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tryer

I am using Virtuemart 3.4.2, Joomla 3.9.5, PHP 7.2.17.

I have two-levels of access to my shop. One is for guests and the other for registered visitors only. The guests see broadly half the products, and the registered visitors see all of them - including those visible to the guests. So far so good. However, I should like to display a message in the top level of the shop which is visible only to the registered visitors. Is this possible and, if so, how should I go about it?

Comments appreciated.

jenkinhill

I would use a module linked to the Joomla top-level menu and set to display to registered only.  If you don't have a suitable menu position in your template then you would need to add one, either to your Joomla template index.php or to an appropriate VM template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Tryer

Thank you for your reply. It is certainly a good alternative and I will look at implementing the idea. Thanks again.