Author Topic: Adding new fields to the shops backend (product management)  (Read 5843 times)

keilzahn

• Beginner
Adding new fields to the shops backend (product management)
« on: January 02, 2006, 18:30:26 pm »
hello folks,

i am tweaking this shop in order to get a catalogue of wines, a company wants to use for showin the wines which are available. while the whole shop fits into my needs perfectly, i need to add some more fields on the page for adding a new product. as there are input-boxes for product_desc etc. i just copied every entry of this, renamed it for my needs (e.g. product_temp for the temperature of the wine needs to taste really good). i looked for every appearance of the array product_temp and changed it. i followed the same procedure in administrator/com_phpshop/html and administrator/com_phpshop/classes. moreover i added the rows needed in my mysql-database. the problem is:

the fields appear as wanted, but the new product won't appear in the product-list. there is not even a product created. when getting to the overview of the recent product i just worked on, there are no details given, everything is just blank. but when i add a product with the original and unmodified files in administrator/com_phpshop/... it works. switching back to the modified ones and modifying these products (the details of temperature, alcoholic volume, etc.) works.

please, i need some help ;)

kindest regards,
keilzahn

keilzahn

• Beginner
Re: Adding new fields to the shops backend (product management)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 18:31:28 pm »
sorry for the double-post and double-entry of the topic ... got disconnected and a timed-out session.

kindest regards,
keilzahn

weswillis

• Beginner
Re: Adding new fields to the shops backend (produc
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 17:59:54 pm »
Did you make any headway on this?  I am looking for a similar solution...  When I create a product in the back-end, i need to be able to set the product as "configurable" or "non-configurable".  Configurable will allow me to create an entire form for the product.  (Think Dell.com, configuring a computer)  I want to be able to create my own form elements - and then inside the form portion specify an email address that the form will be sent to (exactly like mosForms).  It can also store these values.  I would like the form to be mailed only after paypal or my payment processor returns a success.

Has anyone created a workaround for this, or have a clever trick?

keilzahn

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 23:53:37 pm »
well, i finally found the trick for adding custom fields to the shop. i am NOT familiar with the stuff you need for "configurable"/"non-configurable", but at least i can tell you my way. tomorrow i will give you a guide, i need to fetch all my stuff now because im moving to my university's town tomorrow.

kindest regards,
keilzahn

norbert98

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 18:19:57 pm »
hello,

i am verry interested on the solution of this question, is there some information available?

deboni

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 14:05:56 pm »
well, i finally found the trick for adding custom fields to the shop. i am NOT familiar with the stuff you need for "configurable"/"non-configurable", but at least i can tell you my way. tomorrow i will give you a guide, i need to fetch all my stuff now because im moving to my university's town tomorrow.

kindest regards,
keilzahn

Looks like you never got the point of posting your solution here. Would be very helpful if you could still do that as it seems like several useres have the same problem.