News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart not sending new order “pending status” email

Started by Julian763, April 29, 2019, 08:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julian763

When i somebody create a new order that the status is pending, the virtuemart does not send the email order.

It sends just if the status is confirmed, or any others.

Someone know what can it be?

Jörgen

This is intended behaviour, there may be a hidden config to allow this, but pending does mean pending and therefore no e-mail confirmation will be sent out.
Payment methods like PayPal would otherwise always send the customer two e-mails for a normal payment, both for Pending and confirmed.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

loppan

I think the setting is fully visable actually :).

In Configuration / Orders - if we add the "Pending" order status to "Default Order Status to send email to shopper" and "Default Order Status to send email to vendor", I think VM will send out Pending e-mails also. I had this setting enabled before, but realized pretty soon that it clogged up my e-mail, so I disabled it :).

It's possible that I remember wrong, but I think that's how it works.

Cheers

Peter

jenkinhill

No, in the current version I am using (VM3.4.5.10045)  for "Default Order Status to send email to vendor" you have a Pending option to let the vendor know that an order has been started but not yet paid for.
There is no Pending option for "Default Order Status to send email to shopper" or for "Status to create Invoice"
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sirick

Because the issue is still there and there is no solution on the forums except something about paypal, i decided to give back to the commmunity.

To fix the pending order status not sending email to the shopper, you have to access the files in your host server and follow the steps below:

• Navigate to administrator/components/com_virtuemart/model/orders.php
  • search for keyword 'orderstatusForShopperEmail'
  • edit the code as below (comment out 2 lines)
//if ( in_array((string) $vars['orderDetails']['details']['BT']->order_status,$orderstatusForShopperEmail) ){
$sendMail = true;
vmdebug('renderMail by default orderstati');
//}

Basically what we do is that we bypass the configuration for sending emails and we send emails for all order statuses

pinochico

Quote from: sirick on December 19, 2022, 12:36:21 PM
Because the issue is still there and there is no solution on the forums except something about paypal, i decided to give back to the commmunity.

To fix the pending order status not sending email to the shopper, you have to access the files in your host server and follow the steps below:

• Navigate to administrator/components/com_virtuemart/model/orders.php
  • search for keyword 'orderstatusForShopperEmail'
  • edit the code as below (comment out 2 lines)
//if ( in_array((string) $vars['orderDetails']['details']['BT']->order_status,$orderstatusForShopperEmail) ){
$sendMail = true;
vmdebug('renderMail by default orderstati');
//}

Basically what we do is that we bypass the configuration for sending emails and we send emails for all order statuses

You're just showing how you don't understand e-commerce solutions.

I strongly advise others not to use this hack at all.

Who has ever seen this put on Pending status == anyone can start an order and not complete == you will have multiple orders from SPAM customers every minute and you will send out multiple SPAM emails?

The pending status is just a core status and means that someone has started an order but hasn't completed it yet.
Only when they finish can you bother someone - a customer, an admin.

I as a customer don't care that I started an order that I haven't completed yet.

The Pending status is also there to let the eshop know that the item is reserved and the other customer can no longer buy it.

Please think before you edit something in core, not always what the eshop owner wants is correct.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

annpaul

>Who has ever seen this put on Pending status == anyone can start an order and not complete == you will have multiple orders from SPAM customers every minute and you will send out multiple SPAM emails?

>The Pending status is also there to let the eshop know that the item is reserved and the other customer can no longer buy it.

So spam customer can reserve products and prevent legitimate customers from ordering them? I would want to know if spam customers are wreaking havoc on my shop.

GJC Web Design

QuoteSo spam customer can reserve products and prevent legitimate customers from ordering them? I would want to know if spam customers are wreaking havoc on my shop.

Admins can and have always been able to get an email for Pending!

The discussion is about emails for the client!
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation