News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

askaquestion form is not responsive

Started by mikidudle, April 08, 2019, 17:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikidudle

Hello,
Forgive me if this isn't in the right category.
Currently Joomla! 3.9.4
VirtueMart 3.4.2
Does anyone know about resizing the Ask A Question form? When I click the ask a question button in any product on my iPhone 6 the form appears but does not resize to the phone's screen. Whether landscape or portrait, I am unable to get past the comment text box to the Captcha or the Submit button because the form is way too large and there's no navigation bars.  It's been like this for quite some time (since VM 3.3 I think)  I don't know where to change css or how to change it so that this form becomes usable on mobile devices. Yes, I did change the form.  I added secureimage Captcha and removed the Google ReCaptcha because it's a nuisance.  The Captcha actually fits better and this form didn't resize even before I made that change.  Anyone know about resizing this form?
Thanks in advance for your help.

StefanSTS

That might be easy to fix with a bit of CSS. A link to a test installation might help.

Regards
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

mikidudle

Sorry I haven't replied. My email didn't register anyone had looked at this.
Please view using a mobile device (an iPhone 6 for sure).
Navigate to hobbysmith.com. Use the Menu (Scales and Sets->N&Z Scale->Loco-Diesel) Now click the "click to order" button, which is the ask a question button - renamed.
You'll see that the Ask A Question form is too big and there are no nav bars on the right or on the bottom so a mobile visitor can't complete the form.
I haven't been able to locate the CSS that controls the size of the box.  I can change components of the form, but not the size of the form itself or add navigation.
I tried /Root/components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/vm-ltr-site.css with limited success.
Thanks in advance and again, my apologies.

StefanSTS

You are loading the content of Fancybox via component.php of Joomla, not index.php, so you might just add your CSS into the component.php. Or better add a CSS file via that one. Or use existing ones being loaded there.
--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

mikidudle

Thank you for your reply.  I'll be honest and say I need input on two things: which of the 16 component.php files in this installation you are referring to. I'm pretty sure its the one in the system folder of the template I'm using; and secondly what css classes or id's need to be modified in fancybox?  I will continue to hunt around but your input would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Miki

StefanSTS

Hi Miki,

my answer was a little too general.
Your template should provide a component.php in the main template folder. You can add some CSS there. If you don't have a component.php in your template, you can use the one from the installed Protostar template.

To help with the CSS I would need a link to a (test) installation.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher

mikidudle

Thanks Stefan,
Can I PM you the credentials?  This is a large site and I'm not sure I could fit a second -test site - on the server. If not then let me know and I'll figure something out.

Miki

StefanSTS

Sorry, I am out of office on Easter Holiday.
--
Stefan Schumacher

mikidudle

Excellent. Enjoy. In a few days then.
Miki