News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Direct Bank Transfer

Started by Tryer, April 22, 2019, 12:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tryer

(Virtuemart 3.4.2, Joomla 3.9.5, PHP 7.2.17) I am struggling to set up a payment method which allows the customer to opt for a simple direct bank transfer. It seems so simple, but how do I specify the details of the two accounts? The vendor's account information needs to be stored so the customer does not need to enter the details every time, and the customer's account details should presumably be stored somewher in the relevant profile??

Any help appreciated.

Jörgen

This would require authorization of the bank transfer. This is usually done by an payment plugin that comes from a trusted source and that uses the api of the bank in question. This is nothing that you can use lightly, correct authorization is vital. If You do not know how to write the code You should not think of doing it.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Tryer

Ok, thank you - very helpful.

Is it easier to just use Paypal to allow customers to pay using a credit/debit card via Paypal? If so, how do I set it up. I have spent ages reading VM setup documents, but I still cannot make it work.

Jörgen

I hope Your comment was not meant to be ironic. My answer was left in good faith and pointed out that this is not to take lightly. It is not the responsibility of VM  to set up complete gateways for direct Bank transfer. There is no way bypass the bank and make the transaction on Your site without help from there support. This is not in anyway restricted to VM.

The original question was about direct bank transfer, but "credit" card payment with PayPal is also possible.

It is not VM that allows users to pay with "credit" card via PayPal. It is Paypal that makes it possible. If You have a working PayPal account and use the VM plugin then there should be a couple of minutes to set it up. This is not mentioned in the VM documentation AFAIK, but is as I said no problem to setup.

I use this on my own site and PayPal changed both the functionality and interface at least one time during the years I have been using it.

There may be other direct bank payment software interfaces or complete plugins to use, talk with the banks You are going to use and see what thay have to offer and what it will cost You.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Tryer

Thanks for the reply. No, It wasn't meant to be ironic in the least - I really appreciate the advice.

To setup for Card payment via Paypal, do I just select Paypal Standard? I don't see how the customer can enter card details - I obviously have something set incorrectly.

Jörgen

You do not have to enter something in the plugin setup, just use VM standard PayPal plugin. Then when You checkout with Paypal You will be able to choose credit card instead of PayPal account. Do not remember if this shows when You use sandbox. Just make a purchase with low amount and test, Your mailaccount can not be the same as used for the PayPal account

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Tryer

OK, got it! Thanks for the help.

Studio 42

Quote from: Tryer on April 22, 2019, 17:43:24 PM
Thanks for the reply. No, It wasn't meant to be ironic in the least - I really appreciate the advice.

To setup for Card payment via Paypal, do I just select Paypal Standard? I don't see how the customer can enter card details - I obviously have something set incorrectly.
You have a setting in Paypal to accept anonymous credit cart payment without login in paypal.
See here https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/payments/guest-payments/

Tryer

Interseting! Thanks. However, I cannot find the option in my UK accout.

Jörgen

Hello
I found a similar switch in my swedish account. I ticked it but it has worked without it before ....

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

jenkinhill

If I understand it correctly, in the UK when paying through a Paypal link, if you have a Paypal account and a cookie to identify this then you will be offered a Paypal login screen.  If you have no cookie then the screen offers both a login and a credit card payment option.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

Quote from: Tryer on April 23, 2019, 17:28:10 PM
Interseting! Thanks. However, I cannot find the option in my UK accout.
Contact Paypal, i had a user that was not able to switch.