News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Option to pay on line or pay on collection

Started by Tryer, April 23, 2019, 17:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tryer

I have a requirement to offer customes the option of paying for a product on-line in the normal way, or allowing them to place an order on-line for the same product but then pay on collection from our premises. The problem is that the cart always shows the correct cost of the products even when the customer wishes to pay on collection. How can I force the cart to show a zero price under such circumstances (and treat the order as an upaid order to be paid for later?) Is it possible?

Tryer

Sorry, forgot to add:

Virtuemart 3.4.2, Joomla 3.9.5, PHP 7.2.17

AH

Ensure you have an Order status that does not create an invoice etc.  There is one in the default VM settings U - Confirmed by shopper

Create a standard payment method - Call it "Pay on collection"

Set the "Order Status for Pending transactions " to "confirmed by shopper" (or which ever status you require)

The payment method will be an option for customers allowing them to finalise an order with you without it setting a status that you recognise as "paid"

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Tryer

Thank you. This seems to be working thanks to your help. I do however, get a warning message "At least on recipient email must be specified". I have read a number of earlier posts on this but have not resolved it. Who is the recipient? - the customer or the vendor. In my case both have emails specified.

GJC Web Design

Quote"At least one recipient email must be specified"

make sure your standard Joomla mailer is working ...  i.e. does the Joomla contact page work?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Tryer

Yes, it does. Both the details of the person placing the order, and those of the vendor, are listed in the Contacts list. But I still get the message "You must provide at least one recipient email address" when  an order is confirmed.

Jörgen

The Joomla contact list has nothing to do with Virtuemart order details. A link would probably help

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Tryer

Thanks for your comments.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I may have fixed this. The vendor did not have a shopper id, so I added some random code and it seems to have solved the problem. More tests ongoing! Does that make any sense? I could post a link but would like to do it privately and can't see how on this forum.