News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

if safe path is bad, VM invoices are not sent, can't produce PDFs

Started by jcalvert, April 20, 2019, 03:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcalvert

I had a non-empty value for safe path, "tmp/vmfiles", and it took a long time to figure out that this was causing VM invoice emails not to be sent, and PDF not printed on the Orders page.

I found the error by attempting to display the order PDF from the Orders page, and got this error:

QuoteTCPDF ERROR: Unable to create output file...

I solved the problem by changing the safe path to the full, absolute path of the vmfiles folder.

It may be a good idea to add "make sure the VM safe path is correct" after the TCPDF error message.

thanks,
JC

jumaanji

I am using Joomla version, 3.9.8 & VirtueMart 3.4.2, getting an error "TCPDF ERROR: Unable to create output for...> via
Admin>Virtuemart>Order>Order no>Print View>Invoice & Admin>Virtuemart>Order>Order no>Print View>deliverynote

As per the above discussion
I change the safe path under Admin>Virtuemart>Configuration>Template>Media File Settings>safepath to "Absolute path" and issue if fully resolved.

jenkinhill

The tooltip for the safe path setting does specify the use of absolute path "....Attention - you must enter an absolute path here...."
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

uhm, the tooltip. yes. But I must admit, there should be a clear message, when you open the config.

So maybe our check is not prepared for your problem. Are you sure that you did not get any message opening the vm config view?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

marketingxit

I have configured the system to generate invoices only for orders with a confirmed status. I've also ensured that all necessary permissions are correctly set for the relevant files on the server (755, also tryed with 775 and even 777, nothing helped). Also, the PHP memory on the server is 1GB, more than needed i believe. However, whenever I attempt to change the status to 'confirmed' or view invoices from past orders, I encounter the following error: TCPDF ERROR: Unable to create output file: C:/xampp/htdocs/dev/vmfiles/invoices/invoice_27YT9N026.pdf

The Safe Path is C:/xampp/htdocs/dev/vmfiles/ .

Joomla 3.9.25
VM 3.8.8