News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Joomla User Groups vs. Virtuemart Shopper Groups

Started by bryanearl, April 15, 2019, 19:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryanearl

Latest VM and Joomla Versions:

In addition to the default virtuemart shopper group, I also created a special "dealer" shopper group and occasionally assign a user to it as needed.

I need to automatically also place any user that is in the "dealer" shopper group into a standard "dealer" JOOMLA USER GROUP.

How can I accomplish this? I don't see any correlation in the config settings anywhere.

Jörgen

AFAIK there is no correleation between these groups. There are some plugins out there for automatic insertion into user groups.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

bryanearl

Primary problem that I am having is that the only plugins I can find seem to be the opposite of what I need.

I need a plugin that specifically takes a user that is ALREADY in a VM group and then places them in a user group, not the other way around.

jenkinhill

I don't know of such a plugin. How would these users be identified?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

QuoteIn addition to the default virtuemart shopper group, I also created a special "dealer" shopper group and occasionally assign a user to it as needed.

Why not at the same time assign them to the Joomla group?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

bryanearl

Quote from: GJC Web Design on April 16, 2019, 12:01:26 PM
QuoteIn addition to the default virtuemart shopper group, I also created a special "dealer" shopper group and occasionally assign a user to it as needed.

Why not at the same time assign them to the Joomla group?

I am making it as easy as possible for the client. I would rather customize it so that they do not have to do twice the work. Also, when you have thousands of user accounts, that takes a lot of extra time.

bryanearl

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 16, 2019, 10:48:29 AM
I don't know of such a plugin. How would these users be identified?

I did finally find a solution... I am now using a paid plugin called "Shopper Group Changer" by DayCounts (https://www.daycounts.com/shop/virtuemart-3/shopper-group-changer). It did not work exactly the way I needed at first but the developers made a quick change to the product for me and it functions as needed now. Essentially, it works as:

- If a user is in VirtueMart Shopper Group XXXXX, put them into Joomla Group XXXXX

I am still working out a successful cron to run it automatically, but this is what I  was looking for.