News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Add a gift option in cart

Started by thefbi, April 07, 2019, 14:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefbi

Hello,

i use VM 3.4.3 and Joomla 3.9.4.

I want the client can buy a "Gift" at the order in the cart, if he want to send the products to another person (another address) as a gift.
So the buyer have to make a gift package.
This option have to be 10$ for example.

How can i make this thing ? I dont know if possible with custom fields or not ?

Regards

Jörgen

Make a custom field as gift cost or simply a product called gift wrapping etc, with instructions to use delivery adress for the gift package

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

thefbi

Hello,

thank you, but i dont know how make a custom field like this ?

The idea is this option can be in the shopping cart. I dont want to make a special product for this.

Jörgen

A shopper field perhaps ? This can be displayed in the cart.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

thefbi

Hello,

the problem is with shopper field, i cannot add price. This has be asked many time in this forum, but no solution...
So i have try to make a radio button for shopper field, with a text with a link to a product or explaination page, but it seem html is not accepted.

It is very complicated to do a SIMPLE request. A shopper field with cost value

Studio 42

It's perhaps not possible, but you can display a product before or after cart(or a simple link to product, a modal box ...)
This need of course some custom work.

thefbi

Hello,

ok, i am not programer so i dont know what code i have to put, but if you give me a trick i can try to do it...

Studio 42

You can use for eg. https://shop.st42.fr/fr/produits/vm-product.htm, the module is free
And add it at the position you want

thefbi

Hello and thank you, but do you know how i can just make a field with a link for example, in the cart ?

I can make a link for example : "Pour un paquet cadeaux, cliquez ici" and i redirect to the gift product.

Regards,
Frédéric

Studio 42

You can add directly in your layout(override in template)
YOURSITE/templates/YOURTEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/cart/default_pricelist.php
After (or before) the loop
foreach ($this->cart->products as $pkey => $prow) {
Add a new row with your product link
You have many solution, in some case you need to add some codes, in other case add a module.
Make your choice now.