News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

shipping for unique product

Started by gofer123, March 26, 2019, 05:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gofer123

Hi,
Can anybody tell me how I could apply shipping rate for a unique product using the standard VM shipping rules.
This product only weights about 220g but is expensive so I need a special shipping rate for signature required.
Thanks in advance.

VirtueMart 3.2.14
PHP Version    7.3.1
Joomla! 3.8.11 Stable

Jörgen

Create a special category, tracking required, or similar.
Assign the product to this.
Exclude tracking required in the normal shipping. Create shipping for tracking required.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

gofer123

Hi Jörgen,
Thank you for your help, I tried creating a special category as you suggested and that works fine when I select to buy the "special product" but if I add a low cost item to the cart that would be the standard shipping rate of $5.00, then both shipping rates fail to display, if I delete either item, the correct shipment displays. I've experimented with blocking/including categories on both shipping methods but no luck. Can you think of anything else I might try?
Cheers

Jörgen

Then you have to exlude standard items in the special rate it won`t fly. Exclude special rate items in standard $5 shipping. The shipping methods do not know of each other, they must work on their own.
Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.