News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Please wait while redirecting to paypal: problem

Started by deniewibly, March 25, 2019, 18:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deniewibly

HI

I setup a Virtuemart store a while ago and it's been working perfectly fine until the last day. When checking out I am getting:

'Please wait while redirecting to paypal' and it doesn't redirect.

Nothing has changed with the website (no recent updates etc.) so I am at a loss on why this is suddenly happened.

Can someone give me some advice please and maybe point me in the right direction to solving the problem?

http://www.sarah-janeszikora.com/index.php/art-shop/store-prints

Jörgen

How long is a while ago ?

You are using
Joomla 3.9.4 from March 2019
VM version 3.4.2 oct 07 2018

You have updated Joomla recently but not VM since install.

I can not promise that Your problems will be solved with an upgrade, but it is a start.
You may also have an upgraded PHP version which can make troble with some extensions.

You are using a non secure site, I am not sure if PayPal likes that anymore.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jjk

Additional hints:
Disable the social buttons in your template. They are causing a javascript error.
And try to clear all cache files from the Joomla administration menu 'System' > 'Clear Cache'. When I had a look into your cart view several elements were not working.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

deniewibly

Hi

I upgraded Joomla this evening (from 3.9.2) to see if that solved the problem which has been happened over the past couple of days.

I could not see available updates in Maintenance>Updates Are Available for VM. Is there a preferred method for upgrading to the latest version?

Thanks for replying

Dene

deniewibly

Quote from: jjk on March 25, 2019, 20:35:29 PM
Additional hints:
Disable the social buttons in your template. They are causing a javascript error.
And try to clear all cache files from the Joomla administration menu 'System' > 'Clear Cache'. When I had a look into your cart view several elements were not working.

Just cleared the cache and already think the social buttons are disabled. The problem continues though :-(

jjk

I still see the social button error. See screenshot attached.
Hopefully you made a backup of the site before your update attempt. What is the name of the template? It might be outdated. Seems to be by Yootheme, but I can't find it in the web.

My own gallery website currently runs VM 3.4.3 version 10031 from http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files, but you should test that on your own PC with a copy of your live site first.
Perhaps you can temporarily change the template on your live site to the Joomla default 'Prototype' template to find out if the old Yootheme template causes the problems.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

deniewibly

OK, sorry for the late reply, i've had to work on other things.

So I have updated VM to the latest version.

I've tested the site using the default Joomla theme and the redirecting to paypal problem continues.

I've added a certificate to the site but no change there either.

I've downgraded the PHP version to 7.0.33 as I was finding that with 7.1.29 I was unable to access the configuration in VM

I personally think it's an issue with VMUIkit which I have on there but those guys say it's a VM issue which they don't support. It just seems that suddenly under all the product listings the word 'Array' has appeared. Surely that's not an issue with VM?

Any thoughts?

Dene

EDIT: I tried disabling the one page checkout plugin that is part of VMUikit and it redirects to paypal. Over to those guys I guess....