News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Add to cart button not working in only one category

Started by melsonmarketing, March 21, 2019, 15:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melsonmarketing

J3.9.4
VM 3.4.2
Php 7.2.15

Hi!

I'm a little bit helpless :-(

In a shop of a client (can't post address because it's a prt of an intranet) I have 42 categories with all in all 214 products.

In 41 categories everything works as expected. Only one category has the following problem:

Neither in category view, nor in productdetails view the cart button is working.

There are absolutely no deviant templatesettings. I switched template to beez and protostar - it's all the same problem.

Cleared all caches, switched Php-Version, disabled JCH Optimze etc. - no success.

This is an absolute mystery

Does anyone of you have an idea - maybe I'm complete blind :-(

Thanks for any tips or help

Jörgen

Without an URL no.

Check Your settings.
How did You create them, first, last together with other, copied  etc

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

melsonmarketing

Thanks anyhow.

The client was using an old template (still from J!2.5)

We built a new one and now everything is working.

Anyhow it is strange that only one cat was concerned...

melsonmarketing

***EDIT***03/26/19

I THOUGHT we had it and marked this as solved.
Returning to the site after the weekend the same problem appeared.

Only products in one single Category couldn't be added to the cart, while all categories and products are using the same templates.

This is absolutely strange - so I analyzed every single detail as custom fields, customer groups, manufacturer-settings, I've been though the database etc...

NOTHING!

Then I created a new category "Test" and a Product "Test1" - worked
Copying productdata from the corrupt to the testproduct - add to cart not working
Now I changed the title back to "Test1" - worked

The real Productname in this category is "Citalopram" (pharmaceutics), added with the dose within the title. (e.g. Citalopram 20 MG)
Reducing the Product title to "Citalop." or "Citalop. 20 MG" - guess what: IT WORKS!!!

And now the Jackpot:

I went to an other shop of an other client dealing with completely other things (horsefood).
Over there I created an article named "Citalopram" for testing-purposes.

Now what do you think happened?
Adding this product to the cart isn't possible.

Finally it's solved with a workaround (renaming the product) - but I think this mystery is worth to stay here?!

Would be interesting to hear if you could sell "Citalopram" (which is an antidepressant btw.)  :D

Regards
Michael

melsonmarketing

...and the beat goes on...

same system, same problem.

"SPAM" can't be added to cart. Using SPAM as prductname the add to cart function is blocked.

Replacing the "T" with the greek letter "Tau" it works.

As in both cases the phenomenon is related to pharmaceutical products (antidepressant and here opioid pain medication), I ask myself, if a kind of filter is working in the background...

This would be fatal, because the system is working within the intarnet of a pharmacy association.

Hope someone has an idea about this

Jörgen

Perhaps using "default blacklist" in Joomla ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Have you tried with different browsers?  Spam filtering on the host or "child settings"?  Check a copy of the site on localhost.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

melsonmarketing

Thank you guys - I'm very busy at the moment.

I'll try your hints.

And: NO, it was not an apriljoke ;-)