News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Question about features

Started by Funnybugbees, March 06, 2019, 22:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funnybugbees

We are considering migrating from our existing cart to VirtueMart. We have some questions before making this decision though. Can someone let us know if any of these features are NOT supported?

1. Referral Program - to offer commissions/rewards/discounts to customers who refer people to our site.
2. Reseller program or affiliate program.
3. Coupon Codes - for store discounts
4. Square payment gateway
5. Paypal IPN integration
6. SEF URLs
7. FedEx Shipping module
8. UPS shipping module
9. USPS shipping module
10. Ability to track sales tax and pull a report of all sales in a specific US state or tax zone for a specific time period.
11. Unlimited products and categories
12. Google Analytics with Ecommerce integration.
13. Manual (admin) order entry
14. Order Editing

AH

My first stab - others will expand no doubt.

1. Referral Program - to offer commissions/rewards/discounts to customers who refer people to our site.
3. Coupon Codes - for store discounts - YES
4. Square payment gateway - YES
5. Paypal IPN integration - YES
6. SEF URLs - YES
7. FedEx Shipping module
8. UPS shipping module
9. USPS shipping module
10. Ability to track sales tax and pull a report of all sales in a specific US state or tax zone for a specific time period. - NO - but very easy to achieve - there is a US tax plugin for VM
11. Unlimited products and categories - Unlimited by software
12. Google Analytics with Ecommerce integration. - Templating and possible plugins
13. Manual (admin) order entry - Expand on what you mean here?
14. Order Editing - YES

Before you jump - just download the full installer and take a look around yourself - it is FREE after all.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

GJC Web Design

7. FedEx Shipping module  Yes 3rd party
8. UPS shipping module  Yes 3rd party
9. USPS shipping module  Yes 3rd party
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Funnybugbees

Quote from: AH on March 07, 2019, 09:30:01 AM
My first stab - others will expand no doubt.

3. Coupon Codes - for store discounts - YES
4. Square payment gateway - YES
5. Paypal IPN integration - YES
6. SEF URLs - YES
7. FedEx Shipping module
8. UPS shipping module
9. USPS shipping module
10. Ability to track sales tax and pull a report of all sales in a specific US state or tax zone for a specific time period. - NO - but very easy to achieve - there is a US tax plugin for VM
11. Unlimited products and categories - Unlimited by software
12. Google Analytics with Ecommerce integration. - Templating and possible plugins
13. Manual (admin) order entry - Expand on what you mean here?
14. Order Editing - YES

Before you jump - just download the full installer and take a look around yourself - it is FREE after all.

So 5 items on my list of 12 are handled in VirtueMart, with another few requiring module purchases. This would seem to be to me, less than robust enough without a large outlay of cash for add-ons. Especially since i see that no shipping modules are even included out of the box. An affiliate system is also another huge requirement for us.

What i meant by manual order entry, is having a customer call me and me going into the admin and create the order for the customer. Including the ability to take payment for that order.

jenkinhill

Quote from: Funnybugbees on March 08, 2019, 09:02:27 AM
What i meant by manual order entry, is having a customer call me and me going into the admin and create the order for the customer. Including the ability to take payment for that order.

Yes, EPOS extensions are available from third-party developers.

You mention "large outlay of cash" for extensions - I'd expect to spend a few hundred dollars to set up any store with your specifications.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AH

QuoteThis would seem to be to me, less than robust enough without a large outlay of cash for add-ons.

You are joking right??

You want a store for free where everyone of you requirements are also met for free - Possibly try and get free hosting as well.

When customers email you saying that your should give them the products you are selling for free - consider your answer and apply that to your expectations for e-commerce software.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Studio 42

Want all free, plenty of feature, no work and do many money ?
Please return to real world ;)

Milbo

Quote from: Funnybugbees on March 06, 2019, 22:17:23 PM

There exists different 3rd party solutions for that problem. On extensions.virtuemart.net, we have different vendors using different systems. Some are joomla based, others are not joomla based.

Virtuemart can do Multivendor like Amazon, .... the ebay system is coming next months.
10. Ability to track sales tax and pull a report of all sales in a specific US state or tax zone for a specific time period.
There is a revenue report, which has some features, except by us state or tax zone. Of course, reports are an own field.

Standard. There are no hardcoded limits.
Yes, 3rd party, for 10 euro.
yes
14. Order Editing
yes
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Funnybugbees

Quote from: Milbo on March 11, 2019, 10:11:43 AM

There exists different 3rd party solutions for that problem. On extensions.virtuemart.net, we have different vendors using different systems. Some are joomla based, others are not joomla based.

Virtuemart can do Multivendor like Amazon, .... the ebay system is coming next months.
There is a revenue report, which has some features, except by us state or tax zone. Of course, reports are an own field.

Standard. There are no hardcoded limits.
Yes, 3rd party, for 10 euro.
yes
14. Order Editing
yes

Thanks for the indepth answers. Only question left is...Do you have the Squareup payment gate? Its one of the largest and most popular, and i couldnt find it in your site.???

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum