News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Privacy policy in registration and shopping cart Virtuemart

Started by pimo, June 16, 2019, 20:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pimo

Hello, I need to put in some forms the acceptance of data policy:

Virtuemart registration form
In the shopping cart, in my store you can buy as a guest (without registration)

I would like to use the consent that exists in Joomla, since it has the registers and the menus to consult and eliminate data. But I do not see anywhere to include it in the registry and shopping cart Virtuemart.

Does it happen to someone else? Can you explain to me how someone does it?

Please, leave aside if this is necessary or not, I do not want to enter into that debate. I need it.

My Joomla is 3.9.8
My Virtumart is 3.4.2
My PHP is 7.3

I would appreciate help on this, please

Jörgen

Afaik non registered users can not manage joomla user data. When registered whether through vm or joomla you can do this.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

StefanSTS

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

pimo

When you buy as a guest, the data is for billing and shipping, the billing data do not have to be deleted for administrative reasons. those of sending, for example, if it would have to do it if the client asks for it. But still, they must accept the data policy.

But they also buy registered customers and the redirection to Virtuemart included in Jommla, but in the registry does not leave the privacy policy, however, if I change to the Joomla registry if the data policy comes out.

I would like it to appear when I redirect to the virtuemart registry. Is it possible to do this?

Thank you

StefanSTS

I don't know if you can use the Joomla plugin in VM registration, I guess that would need some coding.

I used this tool from VirtuePlanet on a customers site:
https://www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/privacy-policy-for-virtuemart

That did everything the customer wanted. Maybe that helps.

Personally I feel, it is enough, if the customer has the possibility to write an email or letter to ask for deletion of data. That will probably happen once a year.
I would not give a customer the right to delete data on his own. If you only collect the data necessary to procure the invoice and ship the product, there is not much to delete.
So if you keep your data collection at a minimum, noone will bother to ask. If someone wants to delete the registered account, it's not too much to ask to write an email.

Regards
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

pimo

I appreciate the answer, but I would like to do it with the one that comes in Joomla. I have the online store for 8 years with Virtuemart and what I have learned is that the fewer modules the store has the better and now that it is going to version 4 of Joomla ........

Any advice on how to do it?

My opinion, this should have been solved long ago without any external module, is required by law in Europe and Virtuemart collects personal data, so you should at least have the acceptance of data policy to comply with the law.
In fact, at these moments, it is as simple as Virtuemart to link to the Joomla privacy policy system. I do not see excuse for this.

StefanSTS

No excuses needed, my customer's shops are all GDPR ready without that Joomla stuff for years, before Joomla even thought of adding that.
Joomla added that GDPR tool month after the regulation was officially active.
And before it was active, it was already in play for two years. So everyone should already have a solid solution for a least over a year.

There is no magic to implement GDPR with "normal" Joomla methods and renaming the TOS input box or different techniques.

If you feel, the Joomla GDPR tool has to be better integrated into VirtueMart, please hire a developer and do it. If it is good, you can ask the VM developers to integrate it into the core so you don't have to maintain that external code.

--
Stefan Schumacher