News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Transfer only VM from old Joomla site to new

Started by vaskern, March 05, 2019, 22:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaskern

I want to setup a new Joomla site and transfer only the Virtuemart-part from an old site. Is it easy to export / import the vm-part of the database?

Thanks

jenkinhill

Yes, if Joomla & VM versions are the same on both then dump the VM tables from the old database and import into the new, and use ftp to copy all product/VM images from old installation to new.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

vaskern

Thanks, got it to work on my local setup. Do you know if it is possible to export / import Joomla menus in the same fashion?

PRO

Quote from: vaskern on March 06, 2019, 16:36:11 PM
Thanks, got it to work on my local setup. Do you know if it is possible to export / import Joomla menus in the same fashion?

yes, you need to just export the menu items to new database.

Then in extension manager. use the "database" function to make sure all tables are up to date,

vaskern

Quoteyes, you need to just export the menu items to new database.

How do you do that though? With vm it was easy to see which tables, but now I am not sure. Which tables exactly do I export?

vaskern

Ok, don't know much about sql but it looks like it is just to grab the part of the dump that inserts into jos_menu where menu type is mainmenu. Problem is the id's already exists in the db I import into. Is it just to change the id from say 107 to 307 in the dump? Looks easy enough with a search and replace text "(1" to "(3"
Thanks