How to add prices to product in multiple currencies to override conversion?

Started by stawebnice, January 12, 2021, 12:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jörgen

Afaik you can not have two prices for the same quantity interval ex 0 .. 0, if overlap, and I remember correctly, the lowest price wins.

Currency conversion is made through convertECB.php or fixed conversion rates in your currency table. F.e 4.00 for zloty and 1.00 for euro.

You can assign prices in both euro and zloty but the quantity interval may not overlap.

Please, keep your temper.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

ee61ny

Hello, it seems I have exactly the same problem, is there any solution on this ? I am on Joomla 3.10.11, php 7.3, Virtuemart 4.0.6 10690.
I have 2 currencies , euro and Bulgarian leva and I have also enabled Prices by currency in price configuration.
I have set different currencies for each shoppergroup, now when I try to add a new price to a product, I add Final Price-Apply No Rules on both tax and discount and check Calculate the COstPrice, selecting euro as currency.
Normally, Cost Price should be the same as Final Price (since no tax or discount rules are applied), but instead, the final price is leva and Cost Price is in euro, how is this possible ?
I would appreciate any help on this,
Thanx in advance

pinochico

more picture pls:
- setup for eshop currency
- setup for currencies...
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

ee61ny

Hello, thanks for your answer, I attach eshop currency and setups for currencies. The problem is that final price is in leva and the cost price in euro, even if I select Euro when I assign a price for a different shoppergroup.
Thanks in advance

pinochico

f I'm not mistaken, that's standard behavior,
because the base currency is Leva and VM supports virtually multicurrency, but it still converts the end prices to the base currency of the e-shop == Leva

But maybe there is some setting somewhere in the hidden configuration (the .cfg file on the ftp) that disables this - try looking on the forums
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

ee61ny

Hi, thanx for your reply,
this happened when I upgraded from a previous VM3 version to the existing 4.0.6, till then there no issue with that. Even if it is the standard behaviour, how come final price is in leva whereas cost price is in euro ?
I haven't managed to find anything about the hidden configuration that disables this, the only topic close to my issue is this one.

ee61ny

Hi pinochico, I really appreciate your help, I finally solved it, I found in another topic you mentioned "Better option is download noconverter.php from rupostel.com" .
Fortunately I already use OPC from rupostel, so by enabling noconverter prices are shown as should in backend, thanx once more.