News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Mass update product titles

Started by morphic, February 27, 2019, 14:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morphic

Hi there,
I made products with multiple variants that one product have about 180 child products. Child products have the same title as parent product. How can I change product title for all products - parent and childs?

amedesign

I am using phpMyAdmin from Cpanel. Export the specific tables as OpenDocument files, modify them and upload back the files.

morphic

I know that but it could be solution for client which don't know sql queries

amedesign

It's not necessary to know sql queries, it's just a click on a button, but yes, it is not very "safe" for a not technical person. There is also an extension which is doing this in a more friendly way.

morphic

That I asked for that extension, working in VM3. I bought 3 of them and anyone working fine.

amedesign

I am not sure that I understood what you want. You asked as a general question related to a mass update product titles and now you said that you have already bought three of such extensions (different extensions or three licence for different domains?). At least this I understood. After your last message, it appears that you are asking how to do this with the already bought extension?

Something I missunderstood...

Studio 42

With my extention Vm Be Pro , you can edit inline the titles, important thing is that you can display parent/chiildren sorted as a tree.
You can import text from a CVS for eg. too to update existing products.

morphic

Quote from: amedesign on February 27, 2019, 23:51:42 PM
I am not sure that I understood what you want. You asked as a general question related to a mass update product titles and now you said that you have already bought three of such extensions (different extensions or three licence for different domains?). At least this I understood. After your last message, it appears that you are asking how to do this with the already bought extension?

Something I missunderstood...

I have three different extensions for one domain and none of them has this function. That I had a question for any solution to solve this problem by another one extension but I do not want to spend any more money senselessly.

morphic

Quote from: Studio 42 on February 28, 2019, 02:56:19 AM
With my extention Vm Be Pro , you can edit inline the titles, important thing is that you can display parent/chiildren sorted as a tree.
You can import text from a CVS for eg. too to update existing products.

Hi Patrick,
Do you have any demo site for your extension? Because I heard two times that "my extension have possibility to mass change product name". But it's not working :/

stensbo

Hello,

You can use CSV improved https://csvimproved.com/ - I import all our product, prices, multiply images, shoppers a.s.o - you can also export - then make your changes and import again. There is a little setup to do but they have a lot of Tutorials "how to".

Studio 42

morphic

I think CSVI will be best solution for this. Thanks a lot for all replies.