News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Very slow website, issue with com_virtuemart_cat_manus caching

Started by julash, February 19, 2019, 19:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julash

Hello,

Our website keeps getting slow after updating to VM 3.4.2. Website getting very slow with high CPU/RAM usage and resource usage keeps getting high unless I clean "com_virtuemart_cat_manus" cache. I have attached one of the process log from WHM where manufacturer cache keeps loading until SIGTERM kills the process.

At this moment our website is on Joomla 3.9.3 and VM 3.4.2. Website has many manufacturers.

Please help me making sense of the problem and fix it.

Thanks
Julash

Jörgen

Turn off Joomla cache and plugin for a starter.

See if it helps. There is also some recent threads about high cpu usage, because of sql queries, maybe someone else will point You at them.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

julash

Thanks for your reply. After cleaning "com_virtuemart_cat_manus" cache several time website now stable, no unusual process.

Our website is large and to keep website fast we need caching.

Jörgen

Caching is often an issue with shopping carts, Virtuemart no exception,but if we are lucky, there may be others here with that can offer some advice about VM and cache usage.

have a nice day

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Rsn

Hello.
Is the checkbox "Enable VirtueMart 404 error handling" activated in the Shop Settings?

When I had this checkbox activated, there was also a very high load on the server.
We also have a large site and manufacturers.
Now I turned off this checkbox.

At the same time, I also noticed that after clearing the cache of Virtuemart, the server load decreases.
Perhaps there is some problem with cache.

PRO

also, logging 404 with the joomla redirect plugin can slow down a site because of spam/bots

julash

Our problem with "com_virtuemart_cat_manus" cache. I just killed some of its processes from WHM, this problem eating ram and cpu.

I am not sure if it will help, yesterday because of "com_virtuemart_cat_manus" cache there were many ongoing processes and ram/cpu was 100% in usage. So to stop I was clearing cache, resaving VM configuration, reoptimizing database from VM Tools.

At that time when saving VM configuration I saw a warning about "com_virtuemart_cat_manus" cache folder could not be deleted or something like that. After that the crazy cpu/ram usage become normal. Since then I did not touch VM configuration. Though now there still process that keeping busy server but not too much. I am killing long ongoing process every few hours.

This is really becoming a serious issue. Looking forward to solve this soon.

I will try updating to VM 3.4.3.

GJC Web Design

QuoteIs the checkbox "Enable VirtueMart 404 error handling" activated in the Shop Settings?
????

this is well known to cause run away usage in some cases
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Rsn

Quote from: GJC Web Design on February 22, 2019, 00:34:17 AM

Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant by that.

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jflash

Quote from: GJC Web Design on February 22, 2019, 00:34:17 AM
QuoteIs the checkbox "Enable VirtueMart 404 error handling" activated in the Shop Settings?
????

I confirm that. I had error 500 if this setting was activated. Server was constantly down... If category not found, method handle404 called, but there something goes loop and process never ends <- something like that says my programmer.

julash

Updating to 3.4.3 solved our problem. No high cpu usage now, website running smoothly.