News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Display specific categories under different links

Started by Ed Kiefer, February 25, 2019, 18:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Kiefer

Is there a way to Display specific categories under different links. I have 3 categories. A main category with all of my inventory (this displays all inventory in different cities). I also have an Elkhart, IN category and a Mansfield, TX category within the main category. Is there a way to display the main category with all my inventory and then display the inventory I have in Elkhart in a different link and the inventory I have in Mansfield in a different link?
Hope that makes sense.

Jörgen

Assign main categegory to all Your products.

Assign Joomla menu item with each of Your catgories.

You can also assign link and tmplates with the URL to each of the catgories that You have assigned to a menu item. If You don´t want to use the menu items through the menu system make a hidden menu.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Ed Kiefer

Thanks but I must be doing something wrong. Here are some screenshots. As you can see I'm getting the whole inventory when I choose "Inventory in Texas"

Jörgen

The screenshot show luxury fifth wheels, not texas inventory, are You sure You have an menu item created for each category?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Ed Kiefer

That's what's odd about this. I made a hidden menu item with the sub menu - Texas Inventory selected. https://luxefifthwheel.com/inventory-in-texas This is what shows up. I only have 2 product items in the category (see screen shot).
Now if I click the link it shows our pre-owned units. It seems to switch at random back and forth from pre-owned to Luxe Fifth Wheels

Ed Kiefer

I'm so sorry I just figured it out. I just remembered to publish the categories. Now it works.  :o

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x