Link product images to specific pages on my site, not to product detail page

Started by Sobadare, February 06, 2019, 23:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sobadare

Hello. I want to link my product images to specific pages on my site, not to the product detail page. I tried putting url links into the URL field on the Product Information Page while creating products, but that doesn't work. It doesn't appear that the URL field on the Prodcut Information page works. How can I achieve this? I would appreciate your assistance. I have Virtuemart 3.4.2, Joomla 3.9.1.  Thanks for helping

Jörgen

Afaik the url is meant to go to another image, not a generic html or php page. You will have to override the link creation in your template for the category view.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Sobadare

Thanks for your response. Could you kindly show me how to do the link creation overide in the template to achieve this action? I would really appreciate it. Also, after doing the overide, would I just need to place the html link in the URL field in the Product Information page to get it linked to the product image? Thanks

Sobadare

This is probably a unique issue, I'm positive there is a way to do it. Could some kindly help? I would appreciate it.

jenkinhill

I suspect you will need to commission a developer to write the code for you. It is beyond the scope of this peer support forum.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum