News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Module appearing on all product category views

Started by flippertricks, February 04, 2019, 12:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flippertricks

A module containing text is appearing on all sub-category and product pages rather than just the top-level category page.

Joomla 3.9.2, Virtuemart 3.4.2

I recently underwent some major updates for my Joomla website and extensions. I have a module containing some text which appears on my Products webpage, which is a view of the two top level product categories.

Since all the updates, this module is now appearing on sub-category view pages and all individual product pages as well. The module assignment will only allow me to either select or deselect the main 'Products' page. I have tried looking at the settings for my product categories and products, but nothing has come to light.

Any help gratefully received.

jjk

Modules are normally assigned to Joomla menu items in the module's 'Menu Assignment' tab. Did you limit it to display on your top level category menu item only?
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

flippertricks

"Did you limit it to display on your top level category menu item only?"

Hi jjk,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure how to do that - please could you point me in the right direction? In the 'Menu Assignment' tab I have selected only the 'Products' menu item, but as I mentioned, the module appears on all sub-pages.

jjk

I don't know your menu structure, but I suppose you will have to add (sub-) menu items for each of your subcategories to your 'products' top level category, in order to be able to control the module display in your subcategory views. You don't necessarily have to display those menu items, if you don't wish to.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

flippertricks

Thanks so much, simple solution that worked beautifully  :)