Virtuemart products module doesn't load code from chosen layout any longer

Started by Rikard, February 01, 2019, 11:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikard

Hi

Background: I've created a custom layout for my product module (makes it possible to download the hires version of the thumbnail image) and this has been working very well for a year or so. Problem now is that my custom layout isn't loaded any longer. It is still there in the drop down of available layouts, but the loaded code is still that of the default layout. It doesn't matter what I set the layout to, it always loads the default. I tested to add my custom code into the default.php and that loads my custom code so I know for sure what file is being loaded. Choosing "single" or "all" doesn't work either, the "default" is always used no matter what. The rest of the settings in the module such as "display, number of displayed products" and so on works so it appears to be only the Layout that is acting up.

My questions are:
1. is there a setting somewhere in Virtuemart that overrides all layouts and sets them to "default" no matter what is chosen? And if so, where can I find this setting. I must've accidentally activated it. Shame on me.
2. Can this be a bug that perhaps was introduced in Virtuemart 3.4.2?

My system is:
Joomla: 3.9.2
VM: 3.4.2
PHP: 7.1.26-1
Server: Ubuntu/nginx