News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Make product category description display below title

Started by websmith, March 13, 2017, 00:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

websmith

joomla 3.6.5 and virtuemart 3.0.18

Im sure Im over looking something here, but I cant get the product category description to display underneath the product category title. Ive attached a screen cap for better illustration.
The description is currently above the search box when it should be below the category title v-neck. Thanks for any help.

Jörgen

This is probably a custom template. Sending a link will give someone the chance to investigate. This image does not give enough information.

have You tried with Protostar ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

websmith

This is protostar template. Sorry I should have mentioned that in first post.

Jörgen

Quote from: Jörgen on March 13, 2017, 06:50:58 AM
Sending a link will give someone the chance to investigate.

You can probably check this with firebug and see what is placed where.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

That is the new default category layout. You can change that by editing and overriding components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php

In the latest version (currently VM3.0.19.9 - under test) there are now enhanced view/display options in each category configuration, in Configuration/Templates and in Joomla menu options. I don't remember how many of the se options were in 3.0.18
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

websmith

Thanks Jenkinhill, but that 19.9 broke the store for some reason. Restoring working backup for now.

jenkinhill

You tested a development update on a live site? That's something we never recommend. Most likely you met configuration issues as there are various menu and template configuration changes which may need checking, and some overrides & commercial templates may need updating, eg see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=136826.msg478498
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Engholm

I am very surprised that this matter has never been corrected in all these years, that the standard view of category titles still appears under the description and product filters.