News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Subcategories not shown VM 3.4.2 + J 3.9.2 + PHP 7.0.33

Started by Sarma, January 25, 2019, 13:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarma

Hi,
i'm using  VM 3.4.2 + J 3.9.2 + PHP 7.0.33 and the subcategory icons are not shown.
For some reason the subcategories or even main categories on the front page-top level are not shown.
Products are shown without a problem.

I failed to notice when this happened otherwise i would pinpoint the problem on time.

It seems as the VM configuration settings are not being written or are somehow overruled.

Below are my global VM configuration settings and one category setting as an example (others are left with GLOBAL as option).

The website URL is http://www.vector-bikes.com/prodaja/

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Sarma

Thanks for the reply but that's not it.
I am including the menu setting for the menu item (top menu, front page item - VirtueMart » Category Layout)

Sarma

Hey, i fixed it by overwriting virtuemeart core files once more. Thanks for the help.

Jörgen

Once more ?

If it really is a bug, then please share.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Milbo

I think he just meant that the update was not successfull, that happens on live servers. The file is in use and locked. When you update your shop the clean way and set it to the maintenance mode, it is quite likely that this cant happen, but still you can be never sure that all files got copied. So I understood him so, that he just copied the files of the installer again into the installation to be more sure that all files are correctly overwritten. FTP for example tries more than one time to write a locked file, while imho the joomla installer does not even notice it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.