News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Move Joomshopping attributes to VirtueMart

Started by sandomatyas, January 21, 2019, 17:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandomatyas

I want to migrate a JoomShopping site to VirtueMart. I was able to migrate all of the categories, products, images, prices, etc. The only problem is around the attributes. Do you have any experience how I should migrate them? Also there are variants with different price and stock.

Studio 42

To migrate attributes, you have to know the JoomShopping DB table structure to convert to Vm customfields.
About "variants with different price and stock." this are typical children in Virtuemart.
I dont remember if you buyed my component VM Be pro, But he can help to import or with CSVI Pro.

FDE68

Hallo,
i also have a joomshopping shop and want to migrate to virtuemart - in my case i dont have attributes.
How are you doing this import of product data to VM?

I use a extensions - excel-like-product manager - but it did not work.

In case, that Virtuemart is dying (many extensions are very old, the news are much older, ... is id dead)? i am searching for a little help.

Thank you very much
Best regards
Frank

GJC Web Design

VM is certainly not dying ...  it is IMHO one of the most capable ecommerce solutions out there .. but we cannot of course be responsible for 3rd party extensions ...

re import/migrate .. there are various ways  from manually to self made scripts to 3rd party extensions.
2 I have used are  Studio 42 VM Be pro and csvi improved ...
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

sandomatyas

I use my custom PHP scripts. I'll check this later but sometimes child products are difficult to handle. I know the benefits but still...