News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product parameter for every product

Started by sandomatyas, January 21, 2019, 16:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandomatyas

There is a parameter which I want to add every single product. A single checkbox which shows if the product can be picked up personally or not.
I was wondering if there is better way to do that than adding a checkbox custom field and use that? Because with this way I can add this checkbox multiple times or not even once, and also need to check if I added it or not.
It would be great if you could set the custom field as "base product param" and these fields can't be added manually but got them as a fixed list for every product. Maybe on a new tab

Jörgen

Use a unpublished top product theat lets the lower level products inherit this custom attribute.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

sandomatyas

I already use child products. Does it work with this? This is a living site with ~300 products.
Btw doesn't seems an elegant way.

Jörgen

I think it is basically what You ask for. Just add the id for the top level product You want to assign as a template. If it already has lower level products it will be "moved" one level down.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.