News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Credit card fields missing credit card holder name

Started by narpinder, January 20, 2019, 13:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

narpinder

Hi Guys,

I am using virtuemart 3.4.2 with joomla 3.9.0. The template i have for my website had onestepcheckout page which is missing credit card holder name in credit card section. I am using paypal pro on the site for payment hence had to setup up two payment methods, one for paypal and second for credit card.

Could anyone please help on how to display credit card holder name on the checkout page or assist whom do i need to contact (paypal, website template or one page checkout).

website - petslovezone.com.au and you can check it by selecting any product and going to checkout as guest. payment section allows paypal or credit card and i want to show credit card holder name field so it can be captured.

Regards
Narpinder

jenkinhill

Looks like a problem with your credit card payment plugin - which seems to be Paypal in your case, but the billing name (credit card holder name) and address have already been entered so they should be passed to Paypal. Or does that not happen.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

narpinder

Hi Kelvyn,

I do not recall purchasing a payment plugin and believe to use the standard that comes with virtuemart. I recently got my website upgraded and developer didnt ask me to purchase or upgrade any payment plugin. We seems to receive a lot of fraudulent transactions where credit card holder lodges a charge back with their credit card companies and so far they havent won a single one. In the end as a business we loose stock and postage cost from pocket.

Thought if we can capture on the screen the credit card holder, it may help in identifying those transactions (may be). Have attached the screenshot. any help will be appreciated.

Regards
Narpinder

GJC Web Design

Well, your screenshot is the std paypal plugin ( is that what you are using for credit card payments? Paypal Pro etc?)
But you do not access it via Joomal plugins .. use the VM admin payment methods admin
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jjk

If I'm not mistaken, PayPal never displays the credit card holder's name to the merchant. After the customer is redirected from your cart to PayPal, the customer pays PayPal and afterwards PayPal forwards money to you. I'm not familiar with your OPC by VirtuePlanet, so I don't know if it is possible to add a custom field to the credit card form.

I thought chargeback fraud is primarily an american problem.

In my cart I've made entering a telephone number mandatory for customers. Perhaps this would help a little bit in your case, too.

I suppose you know this already: https://www.paypal.com/il/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security?locale.x=en_IL

Edit:
Not related to the question, but I wonder if your PayPal plugin is up to date, because in the Joomla plugin list, the 'Ordering' field shows mine as 'VM Payment - PayPal'. In your screenshot I see only 'PayPal'. If you look at the plugin at 'Extensions' > 'Manage' > 'Manage', it should be version 3.4.2 in your case.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

narpinder

Hi All,

I am using standard paypal plugin from virtuemart and the version is 3.4.2. I have spoken to paypal, they dont even come into the picture when my website is taking credit card details to process. its only when a customer hits the confirm purchase after entering credit card details, paypal processes it. They pointed out it to be either the website or onepagecheckout plugin. I have checked with vmonepagecheckout vendor and they have confirmed that its not their plugin either. So it comes down to the paypal standard plugin that comes with virtuemart seems to be an issue.

I dont know what is causing that field to not appear?

jenkinhill

As I intimated earlier, it appears that the customer billing name (and email) is passed to Paypal together with the data entered in the card panel, which is card type, cc_number, cc_cvv, cc_expire_month, cc_expire_year.

The file handling the shopper data is plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal/helpers/customerdata.php   There is no additional entry of the customer name, although it will be available in the orders list. 

For chargebacks PayPal generally does favour the shopper if a dispute occurs, so maybe consider a different card handler.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum