News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Discontinued products are not displayed on the main page of the VM.

Started by AnSit, January 17, 2019, 16:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnSit

Tell me why when I set in the settings to show the products discontinued (1 row), they still do not appear on the main page of the VM?

J:3.9.2; VM: 3.4.2

AnSit

Tell someone, please, is it that only this function does not work for me or does nobody use the option "products discontinued"?

AnSit

Emmm ... I did not write something or wrote incomprehensibly? Tell me please.
Looking in the search - there is nothing on this topic.

jenkinhill

I have no problem displaying discontinued products using the VMBeez default template. So the standard response would be: have you tried with Beez or Protostar, and is your configuration correct?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AnSit

Thank you for your reply!
I tried the Protostar template - I still did not see discontinued products on the VM main page. Only new and recently added.
Configuration - normal, working - all other functions work as expected.

What is the problem?

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

AnSit

I do not use Legacy layout.
Tried and so and so - there is no difference.

Tell me, please, what other settings to specify?

Jörgen

What does show and what does not show ?
Settings in configuation template ?
URL ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

AnSit

Here are all the current settings.

And now I will try to send the link to you personally.

jenkinhill

Is "Show discontinued" set to Yes in the Joomla menu item for the store (on the VirtueMart category view settings tab) as well as in Configuration/Templates?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AnSit

My menu was chosen as: "Front page (deprecated)"
But even after I changed it to: "Category Layout Displays a single VirtueMart category"
And set the settings that you see in the screenshot - nothing has been shown at all, except for the list of products of all categories.
On this page there are no recent added products, no new products, nothing of what is noted in the settings.

GJC Web Design

these same settings are also in each individual category and I think they over ride the menu settings .. have u checked in the category?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

AnSit

Well, I'm not showing a separate category on the main page, but showing all the categories.
But on your advice, I also tried to set the same settings in the category as everywhere else, but nothing was displayed.

What else should you try?

jenkinhill

If you use stock control make sure that the products have stock - just a stock of 1 will do.

Also are the products published?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

AnSit

Yes, yes, of course! This I did the first thing. Stocks set and option selected.