News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Individual product price for each accepted currency [solved]

Started by Abatap, January 23, 2019, 09:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abatap

Joomla 3.9.2 & VirtueMart 3.4.2, no 3rd-party extensions.

Hello. I do understand that this question probably gets asked to hell and back but still... Is there a way to set a separate product price for each of the accepted currencies?

Let me explain my situation. A company offers certain goods to two neighboring countries which use different currencies and also have slightly different economic situations going on so the company simply can't afford to offer its goods at the same base price converted to whatever currency the country uses as it would put it out of competition with local producers. From what I understand it is currently only possible to set some custom conversion rate for currency of interest through VirtueMart currency settings but it means the same conversion rate is applied to each and every product which is also not desired.

Before that the company used custom fields to display individual prices for each currency on their product pages but obviously it only worked well when VM is used in catalog mode yet now they want people to also have possibilty to place orders so the cart functionality must be enabled and must fully account for the currency selected (through stock VM currency selector module) and it's individual price.

So, is this even possible? Where should I look at? I've tired to mess with shopper groups but there seems to be no any connection between them and what you select in the  currency selector module so that "Add new price" button on product editing page is also useless to me because even if I add new price in different currency the shop doesn't use it all and keeps calculating all prices based on the shop currency price.

GJC Web Design

hidden config - write in your configuration file:  pricesbyCurrency=1

administrator\components\com_virtuemart\virtuemart.cfg

then in VM admin resave your configuration page
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Abatap

Problem solved. Thank you.