News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

PayPal refund VM has created a 'new order'

Started by ch1vph, December 20, 2018, 13:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1vph

Hi there,

I've just had to do a PayPal refund for the full amount of an item, and for some reason...VM has created a 'new order' with a different Order number / Invoice number?

Although the status of this new order is set to REFUNDED, I just thought that I would manually set the original order's status to refund myself.

Also worth mentioning I received an admin email with a subject line "Refunded order for Joe Bloggs, total £100.00" but the rest of the email looked like a normal order.

VirtueMart 3.2.14
Joomla! 3.8.8
PHP 5.6.3

jenkinhill

VM3.2.14is over 8 months old, a lot of development has taken place since then. PayPal refunds are being improved this very moment to improve how it works with partial refunds etc. Test versions are at com_virtuemart.3.4.3.10001 but it is hoped that a full public release including this and many more updates will be made before Christmas
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AH

I've just had to do a PayPal refund for the full amount of an item, and for some reason...VM has created a 'new order' with a different Order number / Invoice number?

Did you do the refund on PayPal or VM admin screens - please explain what you did

QuotePayPal refunds are being improved this very moment

PayPal refunds are not being change IMHO - the base PayPal functionality should NOT create a new order

PayPal will send an IPN message for a refund - but that should not generate an order in VM
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

ch1vph

QuoteDid you do the refund on PayPal or VM admin screens - please explain what you did

I did the refund via PayPal website...

AH

Order should not have been created - are you using the core VM paypal plugin - not a third party one

Was this new order ID > that the old order ID (not the order number or invoice but the ID)

More information is needed really to help identify this behaviour as IMHO IPN's do not have the functionality to create an order - they simply update existing orders
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

ch1vph

So these are the Order number / Invoice numbers and I believe I'm using the core VM plugin called: 'vmpayment  / paypal' VM Payment - PayPal

Orginal Order number / Invoice numbers- LI1J075 // 1812195BJX079

Refunded Order number / Invoice numbers - AAFY076 // 181219MD9M080