News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Gold Shopper Group Hidden

Started by Tryer, December 12, 2018, 10:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tryer

I am using Joomla 3.9.1, PHP 7.2 and Virtuemart v 3.4.2.

I have assigned some products to the Gold shopper group, but these are not displayed in the shop in the front end. Can anyone suggest why this might happen?

Comments appreciated.

jenkinhill

Are you logged in as a user with gold shopper status?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Tryer

Thanks for your reply.

No, I am not logged in as a Gold-level visitor. I want two shopper groups to be seen by registered users, so I chose the Gold shopper group as the second one. But I cannot make the products in the Gold group show in the front end.
Also, I am confused about the shopper groups used in the Shop configuration menu - what do they do? I added Gold to the list but it made no difference.

GJC Web Design

the whole point of shopper groups is to show some items/prices etc to specific shopper groups
U have to be of course a member and logged in as that SG to see them.. 
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Tryer

Thanks again.

OK, I understand that but:

1 -  surely it must be possible for Registered users to have access to more than one shopper group?

2 - I really struggle with the link between Joomla access levels and VM shopper groups.

3 - I don't understand how a user becomes a Gold level user.

Jörgen

The Gold level user is a predefined user group. Afaik there is nothing in VM core that puts a user in this group. It is just a name. You have to fill it with users and functionality. Payment methods, categories etc can be linked to a user group. You decide which and how.
There are some plugins that can move customers into specific vm groups.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Tryer

OK, thanks, that is helpful.

Just one more thing if I may. Is it possible to assign registered users to two shopper groups - ie the normally assigned as well as another other - any other one?

Jörgen

Yes of course

Under each shopper You can add as many usergroups as You want.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Tryer

Thank you.

Yes, I can add Manager, Author etc, but how does that help to link the user to another shopper group?

The Virtuemart documentations says that there is no connection between Joomla ACL and VM shopper groups. I realise that, but is it possible to create one? Perhaps it isn't - that would explain why I have just wasted a couple of days pursuing the seemingly impossible!

Jörgen

Try VM customer in back end, there you can administrate user data, adress etc.
Have You still not found this setting?
How are You managing Your customers ?

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Tryer

Thanks,

Yes, I am aware of those customer settings.

All I want to do is give registered users access to two different VM shopper groups. It seems impossible.

Jörgen

You can assign as many as You want, was is the problem ?

Attached example of three groups.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x