News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Bootstrap 4 Layout dropdown in config

Started by derek webster, December 11, 2018, 14:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek webster

Hi i'm on VirtueMart 3.4.2. this is my first install of V3. I'm trying to use the Boostrap dropdown that triggers the use of the bs4 series of  sublayouts. But it doesnt make any difference when I change this. Only the none (Legacy) option seems to change the layout.

I can see the bs4 sublayouts and I've also created template overrides for them as per the documentation.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

derek

Jörgen

Have You chosen the new layout in the product / category / configuration ?

What have You done so far, what files have You created ? Naming and calling is important...

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

AFAIK bootstrap4 option is ready for Joomla 4 and not in use yet unless you are testing the J4 alphas
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

derek webster

Thanks guys - I'm new to this version of Joomla. I just thought that if I selected Bootstrap 4 from that dropdown then the sub layouts would switch over to the bs4- prefixed sublayouts that were already there. but that dropdown seems to do nothing.

Its ok tho I think I'll just create a standard override and manualy code the sublayouts the way I want them using bootstrap 4 markup. I'd probably have to change them anyway.

Thanks for your replies

derek webster

Just to pipe back in

Undersublayouts> products.php there is a line to call the "add to cart" functionality

echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('addtocart',array('product'=>$product,'rowHeights'=>$rowsHeight[$row], 'position' => array('ontop', 'addtocart')));

In order to utilise the Boostrap4 version of this sublayout - I've changed it to...

echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('bs4-addtocart',array('product'=>$product,'rowHeights'=>$rowsHeight[$row], 'position' => array('ontop', 'addtocart')));

Now it brings in all the nice Boostrap 4 styled elements.

THIS is what I assumed would be handled by the Admin dropdown.
@jenkinhill  - You rigth that boostrap 4 isnt supported in the Admin section untill Joomla4 but this doesnt stop us using it on the front end