News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart on local server

Started by Teejay, December 05, 2018, 09:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teejay

While trying to work on a J.3.8.13 with VM.3.2.2 component on xampp (local server), noticed that the VM component did work, is this norm? What to know if VM only works on live site, appreciate your inputs

jenkinhill

It works fine on xampp, I use it for development. What is it that does not work? What PHP version are you using?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

PRO

do you have sef turned on?

do other content pages work?

or only the frontpage?

sounds like it might be htaccess needs redoing for local

Teejay

Quote from: PRO on December 06, 2018, 21:37:42 PM
do you have sef turned on?

do other content pages work?

or only the frontpage?

sounds like it might be htaccess needs redoing for local
no, am trying to rebuild a J.3.8.13 with VM3.4.2 on xampp server, after restoring the back end, which was damaged while trying to upgrade to J 3.9.1, the front end just don't work, just the error page, all components, plugins are visible in the back end beside my image folder, the J.3.9.1 image folder with path images/virtuemart is disappeared, the media path now only has banner, header and sample folders, no virtuemart folder, content editor also won't work, yet it's activated, i will edit the .htaccess to htaccess.txt, also turn off the sef, am just trying to upgrade to J3.9.1 successfully, twice failed with the live site, had to reinstall backup, which led to lost of global configuration page in the backend, appreciate your valued inputs, have a post on Joomla forum as well, now i know that VM works on xampp, so something else most be the reason