News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Website down/blank

Started by YCC, December 04, 2018, 19:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YCC

Hi all,
              My small business website was developed by a freelance developer few years ago with the following:
Joomla -2.5.13
Virtuemart = 2.0.24

Few weeks ago, I have blank home page with the following errors when running www.domain.com:
Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /public_html/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 652
Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /public_html/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 654
Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /public_html/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php:652) in /public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 532
Fatal error: Class 'JLanguage' not found in /public_html/includes/application.php on line 105

When trying to acccess Joomla backend, I also have blank page with the following errors:
Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /public_html/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 652
Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /public_html/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 654
Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /public_html/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php:652) in /public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 532
Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.internal_encoding is deprecated in /public_html/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 28
Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.input_encoding is deprecated in /public_html/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 29
Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.output_encoding is deprecated in /public_html/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 30
Fatal error: Class 'JLanguage' not found in /public_html/administrator/includes/application.php on line 71

I have not been able to contact the developer as his mobile number is no longer valid. After spending some time reading information online, I realized I have not been told to do the right thing in maintaining the system as it is important to keep the system updated always. I was only taught by the developer on how to use some of the simple functions on Joomla and VM to change/add content or products. I was kind of naive to assume that system will run safely without the need to do anything since the developer never mentioned anything about site maintenance before.   

I am new to Joomla but I would like to learn how to manage the site myself now. So I thought it will be wise to seek some advice here first to find out what exactly is the problem and what will be the best things I should do next.
Thank you!

GJC Web Design

Your host has obviously upgraded your your php to 7.x.x

Your problem is your site needs to be migrated to the latest Joomla and Virtuemart..
Technically it can be quite challenging if you are not experienced in migrations.
Normally you will need a new template, any J3/VM3 extensions etc

There are plenty of how to's on migration and u have to make the judgement as to whether you want to attempt it or employ someone .. I do migrations and can give you a quote for this.

Above all DO NOT attempt it on your live site .. it must be done on a clone of the site until all is running well and then transfer/update to live
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation