News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Order email sent from address?

Started by da8iwr, December 03, 2018, 14:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

da8iwr

Hi There, it's been a while since I used VM, I need to change the email that order info is being sent from? How do I do this?

J3.9.1 VM3.4.2
Ian Wright
My Design agency
www.NewWorldDesigns.co.uk
Design - CMS - Ecommerce – SEO

Virtuemart to Froogle / Google Base XML Feed
www.joomlagooglebase.com

jenkinhill

I assume you mean the vendor email address?  VM Shop/shop Vendor Information tab.  Also see Configuration/Emails tab.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

da8iwr

Hi Jenjinhill, I knew about this, but how do I swap over the vendors, I want to swap from my vendor account to the clients vendor account. Do I just change the vendor ID and it swaps it over? I assume if I update that info, it just changes my info in my vendor, not the vendor account?

Thanks
Ian Wright
My Design agency

www.joomlagooglebase.com

jenkinhill

In current VM the vendor is changes in Tools/Tools & Migration DB Tools tab - Write here the new store owner id
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

da8iwr

Thanks
Why on earth would it be in there? Surely it should be in the vender area to make it user friendly?

Anyhoo... I have entered the other vendor account code and it says it is updated, but the vendor hasn't changed?

I now have this error

Warning

You are using single vendor mode, but it seems more than one user is set as vendor
The user with virtuemart_user_id = 73185 is set as vendor, but has no referencing vendorId.
The user with virtuemart_user_id = 173180 is set as vendor, but has no referencing vendorId.

The actual vendor code i was changing to is GA1c73180, I then tried another vendor GG73c18c5

I assuming it is removing alpha letters?
Ian Wright
My Design agency

www.joomlagooglebase.com

jenkinhill

The id to use is in the last column of the shopper or Joomla user list. It is simple numeric.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

da8iwr

So when I open the shopper, and it says "Vendor: Shopper Number / ID", thats not the vendor ID, it's another ID?

So now i have used the wrong Vendor ID, and it shows the above error, how do i correct this without rolling back the website from backups, which i can do, I would just rather not.

I am remembering why I haven't used VM for the last 4yrs, It is insanely user unfriendly.
Ian Wright
My Design agency

www.joomlagooglebase.com

GJC Web Design

QuoteI am remembering why I haven't used VM for the last 4yrs, It is insanely user unfriendly.

Bizarre way to win friends and influence people...

What have you contributed to the project which is totally developed and maintained by volunteer time?

Any contribution of code, suggestions or documentation is always considered... a more productive attitude I think than shouting criticisms from the side lines...

Just check the #__virtuemart_vmusers and #_virtuemart_vendors tables to correct any faux pas... 
A search on this forum would have told you this .. it has been mentioned before

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation