News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Default Joomla Registration

Started by sgower, November 29, 2018, 16:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgower

First I am using Joomla 3.9.1 and VirtueMart 3.4.2

On the VirtueMart website I found the below information about why my site registration changed to the VirtueMart registration.  The issue I am having is that I cannot locate the VirtueMart System Plugin that the below indicates I need to edit to change my website back to the default Joomla registration page.  What Am I missing, why can I not find this? 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VirtueMart 3.2.6 introduced a redirect from Joomla registration to VirtueMart registration.

VirtueMart is now redirecting the user registration to VirtueMart by default.
For most shops, VirtueMart registration is the preferred way to register a customer.

Using VirtueMart registration has an advantage for many, automatic spam registration via Joomla registration will stop (since it is not accessible anymore). Bots have difficulties completing the VirtueMart registration form correctly and, in most cases, the validation will fail. Unwanted registrations will be kept to a minimum.

In most cases this redirect behavior is the best option. If this does not suit your needs, you can disable this redirect in the system plugin VirtueMart System Plugin.

TO USE THE DEFAULT JOOMLA REGISTRATION
Enter VirtueMart System Plugin in Joomla plugin manager.
Enable the plugin (by default it should be already enabled).
Go to the "Registration Redirect" tab.
Set "Enable VM Registration Redirect" option to "No".
Save and exit.

GJC Web Design

VM Framework Loader during Plugin Updates - system plugin
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

sgower

Thank you that was what I needed...