News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Auto increment product quantity

Started by info@citarex.com, November 26, 2018, 15:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

info@citarex.com

Hi there,

my client runs VM 3.4.2 - Joomla 3.9.0. - PHP 7.1 or 7.2. He has an online food menu where clients can order the weekly dishes and soups. He also has a permanent available tapas menu. There is a tapas base menu that has some standard tapas inside which is mandatory  before you can add a la carte tapas. So if a client has 25 people over for diner, the client has to choose 25 base tapas. If he wants to add an a la carte tapas it has to be the same amount, so 25. So not 25 base tapas and then like 10 a la cart tapas. I can configure the minimum amount per tapas to 15, which is my client's wish. No probs there. Also all the a la carte are configured to a 15 minimum.

What would be nice?

If the client ups the number of base tapas - all the a la carte tapas quantity should up as well automattically.

or

I the client chose like 25 base tapas and added it to the cart - the quantity of the base tapas should switch to 1. Because its only from 15 but after adding 15 to the cart the client should be ale to add 1 or more extra base tapas. And oc the a la carte should be upped to that new number if allready in the cart or in the product list when not added to the cart.

Catch my drift here.......I dont think its possible as VM is now but maby one of you has an idea or knows an addon or maby a complete different webshop sw.

kind regards in advance for any replies.

Christian

Studio 42

You can use/write a plugin to verify the relations, certainly a product customfield to update the quantities in cart.
I dont checked , but it should be possible to do without core hacks.