News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Impossible to select another ReCaptcha type in creating account

Started by zaldiar, November 20, 2018, 10:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaldiar

Hi,

Virtuemart allows to "Use captcha for creating an account" but we can't select what  type of recaptcha to use, as we can do in Joomla configuration or in User section configuration.

It's an issue because we sometimes need to use another captcha, e.g. for me to be complient with the new PGRD law I had to buy a ReCaptcha modified plugin. But I can't assign this ReCaptcha plugin in VM configuration ! So I had to deactivate this new plugin because there is a conflict betwenn this one and the recaptcha used by VM...

So could this feature (select recaptcha type) be added fastly in next release of VM ?

Thanks for reading

Best regards

jenkinhill

There is not really a need for reCaptcha in the VM registration form, as bots are unlikely to be able to fill in a form with so many required responses.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

zaldiar

Ok so why have we this option to use or not a recaptcha in creating account VM configuration ?

And bots are making progress every day so this feature is far from useless.

So this feature need fastly to be updated with the recaptcha selection capabilitie. And in my case it's a legal need to be compliant with law.

GJC Web Design

QuoteAnd in my case it's a legal need to be compliant with law

??  explain please ..

and u know Google provides RECaptcha as yet another means of tracking so how could this in any way contribute to privacy etc?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

zaldiar

Quote??  explain please ..

New 2018 European PGRD law enforces us to make all elements which colect data to be deactivated (ot activated) by the users, and recaptcha is concerned by this. So we have to install a PGRD module wich permitt this on/off switch, and this module was also delivered with a special new ReCaptcha plugin rewritten to run with this module and which should be hidden if a user chooses to disabled it. That's why we need to select this Recaptcha plugin in VM config, avoiding original joomla recaptcha.

StefanSTS

If things have to be done immediately, you should quickly hire a developer to get this done for you.

This switch to switch off a Captcha (by who the customer?) is the newest rumor in GDPR land I have heard of.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

Studio 42

Are you meaning that someone controlling PGRD check about recatpcha ?
If all your shop is clean, you certainly get no penalty because recatpcha and what is the problem with recatpcha  and PGRD? This is no personals information and is not checked by default.

diri

Hi,

the problem with remote Captchas (like Google) is forcing the client (website visitor) to connect with another site. User's IP address (and therefore location, browser, provider, ...) is private data.

Using a local captcha implementation is ok.

btw: The same applies to CDNs ...

cu, diri

StefanSTS

Quote from: Studio 42 on November 21, 2018, 02:56:10 AM
If all your shop is clean, you certainly get no penalty because recatpcha and what is the problem with recatpcha  and PGRD? This is no personals information and is not checked by default.
Connecting your IP address to a visit to a site with recaptcha is indeed a personal information in the sense of GDPR. Google knows which site you are visiting, they would not offer this service for free if they did not gain anything.

But of course, PGRD has no penalty for that. Why would an organisation like that be bothered about GDPR stuff.
--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

GJC Web Design

WTF is  PGRD ... google says  Pfizer Global Research Development  ::)

a about face GDPR?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Studio 42

If you have a private policy page explaining that you use google recaptcha and what he do, it's really not a problem.
In all case you need this page.

zaldiar

OK thanks for this conversation  8) but my problem is still to have possibility to choose any other recaptcha in VM configuration, so is there a way to do that (in override) awaiting this expected feature addon in a next VM update ?

Studio 42

some system plugins can use other recaptcha in VM, you have  to check in the JED.
But it can break and have to verify about some OPC compatibility
See https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/keycaptcha/
If this is only for Virtuemart, you can do a custom userfield plugin captcha

StefanSTS

I do not see any use for that setting in core VM. Nobody needs two different Captchas.
If the Captcha is not legal, why would someone use an "illegal" one and at another place in the site another "legal" one?

In that case I choose one captcha in Joomla and use that everywhere.
I think your approach comes from the wrong side.

There are captchas like ECC from Kubik Rubik that don't need the Joomla captcha enabled.
--
Stefan Schumacher