Remove store description from category page - Use Global

Started by dml311071, November 19, 2018, 14:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dml311071

Joomla 3.9.0
Virtuemart 3.4.2
PHP 7.1.23

Hi,

I have read a response by Jenkinhill for this from August 2017 but I feel certain that there must be a Global Settings somewhere in the VM or Menu settings for this

QuoteFor the Joomla menu item for the home page, set Show Store Description to Yes on the Virtuemart category view settings tab and Show Store Description to No on the Virtuemart subordinated category view settings tab.

But the Use Global option in the menu item settings suggest strongly that there must one location that allows the Store Description to be turned off as a Global Setting.
Is this correct? If so could anyone point out its location? I would prefer not to have any text in the Store Categories or Sub categories then override the Global when needed. I have 190 categories in place and the thought of turning them off individually is not a great use of time.

Or do I just remove the whole text from the store description in VM SHOP settings? This means of course that there is nothing in the Contact Pages next to the Logo!

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dml311071