Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

no preview of the invoice

Started by nickg, November 10, 2018, 13:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickg

Hello

In VM Control Panel - Shop - Invoice
I made changes and saved them, but the preview of the invoice is still empty in firefox
Where is the problem ?
thank you

VM VirtueMart3.4.2
joomla 3.9

GJC Web Design

It is broken .. will be fixed in the next release - perhaps already fixed in the VM3.4.3 ( experienced user pre release)

Just produce pdfs to check changes .. then delete them from your safe path and try again etc
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

nickg

how to produce pdfs to check changes in VM Control Panel - Shop - Invoice ?

jenkinhill

Orders & Shoppers/Orders/Print View  generates pdf
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

nickg

yes I can generate a pdf when an order has been made.
But how to see a preview without making an order?

I updated  to VirtueMart 3.4.3  Same problem, the preview of the invoice is still empty in firefox

StefanSTS

Hi,

if you want to test your PDFs properly, make an order and do what GJC described.
I worked more than 300 hours on invoice layouts, trust me, it's the only reliable way.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

nickg

Hello,
Sorry I am a beginner and it is not obvious with VM.
So to see the layout I have to place an order testy each time it is not very practical. Especially when the invoice preview does not work in VM Control Panel - Shop - Invoice.
The last update still does not solve the problem is it strange

StefanSTS

The preview is merely an HTML preview of what to expect. Just forget about it. It's useful for other things, but not to preview the PDF invoice.

If you read GJCs comment carefully, you can just delete the old PDF in the invoice folder in the safe path. After that you can press the button in the order list on the old order again and the PDF will be generated again.
So testing the new PDF takes just a few seconds. Delete the old one, press a button, get the new one.

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

nickg

You say : "If you read GJCs comment carefully, you can just delete the old PDF in the invoice folder in the safe path."
Could you tell me where I can delete the old PDF. I'm not really familiar with VM
Thank you

GJC Web Design

Quotefrom your safe path
where your invoices are stored
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

nickg

I just got it. I watched in FTP all VM files and found. Thank you for your patience