News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Using VirtueMart as a showroom as opposed to a shop

Started by itfidds, November 05, 2018, 16:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itfidds

Mmm, I've posted this in 'About VirtueMart' as I am trying to establish whether VM can be used for my purpose.
Basically we have a large showroom from where we sell secondhand furniture, antiques etc.
We would like to have a website to showcase our products but NOT actually take orders - if that makes sense?
So, in real terms, we would like to be able to add products (and categories) so that we can add photos and also a price but not have a shopping cart.
Is this possible with VM?

Hopefully I have supplied enough information and worded my question appropriately.

Thanks

hellorain

Hello,

Yes, You can use virtuemart for you purpose for showing your products.

Best Regards,
hellorain.
Raincreatives - Virtuemart & Mobile Commerce Experts

jenkinhill

You can certainly use VirtueMart as a catalogue for your products. It works well for that.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

You can force in the Virtuemart configuration to use the shop as a catalog.
So it work as you need.

itfidds

Hi all and thanks for the prompt responses  :)

Presumably I would need to turn cetain 'elements' of VM off, in the control panel, to stop the shopping cart functionality.
Is there documentation for this or does anyone have any advice before I download and dive in?

Many thanks again...

Jörgen

Set tick in box:
Use only as catalog
In:
backend/configuration/shop

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

itfidds

Thanks for the help!

Time to dive in at the deep end...  :o